If a buyer has been put on the blocked bidders list can they contact me

If a buyer has been placed on my block bidder list are they still able to contact me?

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Supposedly No, unless they have had previously dealings with you. I am not so sure the system works that well though.

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

I know they can contact you if they can't get past your blocks, like too many unpaid strikes, but not sure about the blocked list. I had someone ask me to unblock them so they could bid and I said no. They got quite nasty (to say the least), so I'm glad I didn't unblock them!

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

I just posted this on another thread.

To add buyer requirements to all of your listings:

1. In My eBay, place your pointer over the Account tab, and then select Site preferences.

2. In the Buyer requirements section, click the Show link, and then click the Edit link.

3. On the Buyer Requirements page, select your buyer requirements. For example, you might not want to do business with buyers who:

• Don't have a PayPal account

• Have unpaid items recorded on their account

• Are registered in countries to which you don't post

• Have reportedly violated eBay policies

• Have a negative Feedback score

• Are currently winning or have bought a large number of your items in the last 10 days

4. If you want to apply these settings to all current and future listings, select the Apply above settings to current and future listings check box.

5. If you want to prevent blocked buyers from sending you questions about your listings, make sure the Do not allow blocked buyers to contact me check box is selected.

6. Click the Submit button to save your requirements.

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

My box is ticked, that's why I wasn't sure if that only applied to people on the BBL.

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

I posted that so the OP could check to see if they had ticked that option.

You think it doesn't work anyway ilovemychooks?

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

I haven't had anyone on my BBL contact me, but have had a few messages from people who were blocked for too many unpaid strikes, asking me to unblock them. I think it could be one of those glitchy things!

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

I have only had one contact me because they bought more items than I allowed in one transaction without the buyer contacting me.  That was when I had a store.

It gives you a chance to make sure all is ok before allowing them to go ahead.

If you personally added them to your blocked buyer list then yes, they can still contact unless you tick the box as Am3 has suggested.

Joono
Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

We had a contact today from someone who was blocked because they had too many strikes.

They were begging to be allowed to bid/buy the item.

I said we won't unblock but gave her the item number for BIN for one of our other stores.

Said she could buy it if she was OK with sending bank transfer and we will mail it out as soon as the deposit is in.

Never heard any more back.

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

I have had blocked or not measuring up to my requirement level contact asking for the block to be lifted - didn't know I had a box to tick. Rushing off to tick a box. See : Sellers : Gain a Voice
Message 10 of 10
Latest reply