If your dont provide tracking, your days on ebay are numbered.

Australia Post seems to be getting slower and slower in delivering packages. Buyers can leave a defect for late delivery and there is absolutely nothing you can do if you don't provide tracking. Bear in mind that you dont get notified when someone leaves a defect so check your dashboard regularly.

I hear of many sellers who send items by letter post without tracking and I think it will be virtually impossible to avoid getting defects.Too many defects will affect your ability to sell on ebay.

Message 1 of 37
Latest reply
36 REPLIES 36

If you are using letter post, I think it worth paying the extra 50c for priority post ( meant to deliver within 4 postal days), so far I have been lucky and only a few late defects a month

Message 11 of 37
Latest reply

I received only 8 defects all up in 12 months and got suspended.

So if you're getting a few per month then look out lol.

Message 12 of 37
Latest reply

It is not really a case of "buyer can leave a defect", if there is no tracking uploaded, buyers are asked if the item arrived within eBay's estimated delivery time.  Personally I would neither ask, nor expect, my buyers to lie for me.  If a defect results from this it is NOT the buyer's fault, it is eBay's.  Their delivery estimates are based on the earliest possible AP estimate and while they are supposed to factor in the seller'shandling times there have been loads of cases reported where the eBay estimate for a Syd-Perth delivery with 5 days handling time is 3-5 days!

Cheers,

Penny
Message 13 of 37
Latest reply

@themotherjewel wrote:

If you are using letter post, I think it worth paying the extra 50c for priority post ( meant to deliver within 4 postal days), so far I have been lucky and only a few late defects a month

If you use Priority Post does it get scanned at the LPO????

Message 14 of 37
Latest reply

I am one who posts via large letter with no tracking and I have 0 defects across two stores since the new system came in.  I go to the PO daily and generally ship same day or next.  I increased my handling time to 3 days just in case and it seems to work.  I only use priority stickers if the buyer indicates some measure of urgency, but hasn't opted for Express (I offer it as an option on most listings).  I am thinking of changing back to one day handling for May as a bit of an experiment as sales have been dismal over the last few months and nothing else seems to be working, so I would like to see if the shorter handling time has any effect.

Cheers,

Penny
Message 15 of 37
Latest reply

No, priority service offers no tracking so there is no scanning.  It is just "supposed" to go faster.

Cheers,

Penny
Message 16 of 37
Latest reply

@pennyforum14 wrote:

No, priority service offers no tracking so there is no scanning.  It is just "supposed" to go faster.

Ummm Interesting I have about 7 or 8 Priority stickers (Used) which came to me via  postage mail, If they are not scanned then I can reuse them as there is no information recorded?? People could use this to their advantage if they are not scanned so why have them?

Message 17 of 37
Latest reply

i send about 50% of my items by untracked large letter.

So far, since they started counting in September last year, I have.... 0 late delivery defects.

I don't consider that unmanageable, nor a spur to either make nothing on my sales or price myself out of business.

Message 18 of 37
Latest reply

I think the important lesson is monitor your defects to see if you need to change your practices. You dont need to be defect free just within limits. So it is a case of how much risk minimization vs logistics and cost of doing so.

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 19 of 37
Latest reply

I think it is very risky sending items without tracking these days but I fully understand the reasons for doing it. I think it is really important to check your dashboard very regularly. Many sellers just assume that if they have 100% positive feedback then everything else will be OK. When they go to look at their dashboard they sometimes get some unwelcome surprises.

Message 20 of 37
Latest reply