In Case Anyone Else Had Listings Stop Indexing Last Night

Last night I listed 30 postcards as auction listings between 8:30 and 10:00 pm. For some reason the last 8 listings did not index into search or sellers other auctions, etc. Over the last half hour or so, I have done minor edits on the auctions that did not index - just changing a word or the structure of a sentence, and all have indexed this morning within about five to ten minutes of making the edit.

I don't know if there was a glitch in the indexing develop about 9:30 last night, but I am mentioning this as a fix in case anyone else has encountered the same problem.

The items were not listed in high risk categories and were not the type of listing that can often be delayed in indexing for screening (such as militaria which can regularly take 6 to 8 hours for some items to index).

Kind Regards,  Kevin

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

We had 10 of our BIN GTC listings in one of our two stores not showing up in Best Match results yeaterday and last night.

Just checked again this morning and they are all showing now.

Just remember too that if you have the out-of-stock control option switched on then any listing where the qty = 0 will not show in Best Match. I had made that mistake with a couple of ours but it did not expalin all that were missing yesterday tho. This morning the only ones missing are the out-of-stock ones.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Thanks Clarry, Mine were all auction listings for items that had not been listed before. It wasn't the usual delay for listings that may be screened before they get indexed, and unlike those types of listings, once I edited them and they showed up, the time stamp when sorted by recent listings was the time they would normally have shown - when I have militaria listings delayed for the (possible) screening process, the time stamp will show at the time they finally get indexed - usually 6 to 8 hours after they are listed. The way this went last night appears to have been a glitch, but it is handy to know if it happens that way, that editing the listing can make it show properly on the site. Kind Regards, Kevin
Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

lavandu-98
Community Member

I listed my items yesterday and they have still not been indexed. it is infuriating as I am selling the same item as some other people at a lower price and they've had about 23 offers at the higher price. eBay just tell me I have to wait.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

There you go. eBay will show your items within 24 hours.

Just wait. After all you waited EIGHT YEARS  before you resurrected this dead thread.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Hello everyone, this thread is locked due to age.

Please fell free to begin a new thread.

Thank you

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply