Incorrect Display of Postage in Search Results-- How to Fix it

There was a thread on here recently about search results not showing correct postage fees.
I thought that the solution was important enough to have its own thread so other sellers can make use of it.
Thanks go to "digital*ghost" for pointing out the fix to me. It worked a treat!

The problem is that when you have free postage advertised and also have a postage option like express post then in the search results the free postage is ignored and your ad just shows +$xx postage, where the $xx is the cost of the express post option.
Of course, this is wrong and makes it look to the buyer that your total item price is an additional $xx when it is not.
And they are likely to skip over your item and buy from someone else who does not show this problem.

If you have a separate postage cost then the correct postage is displayed, so you don't need to worry about this.
The problem only happens if you use free postage with an option.

The problem seems to stem from the way you choose your postage costs.
If you tick "Free Postage" the ebay system does not resognise this and the above display problem then occurs.

The work around for this is to untick "Free Postage" checkbox and type $0.00 into the postage cost box.

Your search results will then display as they should. FREE POSTAGE is correctly displayed.

Refer to the attached screen shots to see what I did and the before/after results.

If you make use of business policies this is a very simple and quick fix.
Otherwise you will have to manually edit each listing. Might be possible to do it via the bulk editor tool.

Postage.JPG

Express_Shows_Before.JPG

Express_Shows_After.JPG

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

I'm glad it worked 🙂

Credit for the solution goes to game.0n who managed to get a comprehensible answer from CS Smiley LOL
Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

Well....

Having made this change on both our stores a week ago now I can honestly say that we have definitley NOT seen any improvement in sales as a result.

Hmmmmmm.... onwards to the next brilliant idea. LOL

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

some of my items have this fault and others dont even though they all have the same things selected. So it seems to be intermittant. If I fix the ones that are in error, is that going to be the end of it or is it gfgoing to start accting the rest of them sooner or later?

Is there a bulk way of doing it without business editor?

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 4 of 4
Latest reply