Incorrect Post Fees Showing on ebay site

I have seen a number of my listing and a number of other peoples listings in search that are 'free' post showing as significant post fees and then when you click into the listing the post fee is correct. I am not sure what it is eventually charged at!

I have not contacted ebay about this.

An example is to search 'Jurassic World Party Stickers' find my listings some charging $10 post when they are free!

Why is this happening?

Not contacting ebay as well honestly what's the point?

Message 1 of 37
Latest reply
36 REPLIES 36

I see free post in both searches and listing. Maybe it's fixed itself.

image host
Message 11 of 37
Latest reply

I have seen this more and more lately, looked at a listing for $29.99 and $80.03 post cost, opened it up and it changed to "free post'.
Thought it was a glitch
*we may be human, but we are still animals*
Message 12 of 37
Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote:

If I was the OP I wouldn't bother offering express at $10 extra as there is NO express service that costs that much over standard.

Depends on the item (I'm speaking in general terms, and replying to the categoric statement, rather than speaking in the context of the OP's items, because I haven't even looked at those). 

One of my items, for example, can post for $2 standard, but costs $10.20 express due to restrictions on what can be sent as an express large letter. It's not a $10 difference in postage costs, granted, but would be close to it once all (actual and additional) costs are added. 

Message 13 of 37
Latest reply

yes, now I see it - Tinkerbell for instance - shows $10 postage when it's actually free.   And it is now Saturday.    I think you will have to bite the bullet, and ring ebay  Smiley Sad

Message 14 of 37
Latest reply

Item# 331799027285 (Truly Alice.....) is showing $10 postage but in the description you have "Flat Rate Standard Post $12 on the listing for one item or as many as you like. Express Post $20 flat rate.

Haven't looked at any other listings - not sure if this is the glitch you mention, a listing error on your part or a combination of both.

Message 15 of 37
Latest reply

Hello,

My wife is having the same problem. All her items are free post, but she also offers other options such as Express and Signed For for which the buyer has to pay. A number of her listings, not all. she has about 350, show postage as $8.50 eg when in actual fact the item description shows free standard postage within Australia. For some reason on some listings, ebay are picking up that she offers other postal options that need to be paid for and are putting this in the banner, so it is negating the fact that she is offering free standard postage. She has contacted ebay-still waiting for the gurus to get back to her.

wontthatone8

Message 16 of 37
Latest reply

if this is happening - IMO it would be better to amend all listings to just say standard postage FREE>

Do not have any other options in postage.

If you really want, you could add in the text description - "express or signature on delivery available at extra cost "

Message 17 of 37
Latest reply

This has been happened since last week, I rang ebay 2 times and got the same answer, they are working on it..... and removed the express option didn't help at all, I tried that, the problem still there, for me, it happened randomly, not always the same listing, it changed to other listing when doing the new search. 

And new thing just came up today, some of my listings shown "postage not specified"  

Oh well, another from ebay...you gotta love it .....

Message 18 of 37
Latest reply

I'm having the exact same issue.

Type in the part number 252402X901, my item comes up with $9 postage, which is my express post cost. You click on the item and its show free postage. Which it should be. And its happened on numerous listings of mine. No wonder I've gone quiet with sales.

Very frustrating.

I might have to ring eBay too now.

Message 19 of 37
Latest reply

Dunno what eBay are up to... I just checked this part number and now it doesn't show the $9 post it did before....

Message 20 of 37
Latest reply