Increase handling time?

I am considering increasing my handling time from 24hours to 2 or 3 days to allow for slower mail delivery by Aust Post. Will this affect my Premium Service status on eBay?

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Increase handling time?

Hello, IMO there is no " Premium Service" on Ebay.

Yes it will affect the badge, but it will give you so much peace knowing that you have a little extra time up your sleeve.

It, hasen't effected my sales so far.Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

Increase handling time?

I have read on a few forum topics that Premium Service does not exist. Does this mean that eBay does not reward PS sellers with better search positions etc? Does it just mean you get the badge that looks good to buyers?

Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

Increase handling time?

I certainly don't know 100% either way, but in my field i can say without prejudices that other sellers with dearer prices, less sales, not as good feedback, charging seperate for postage, no badge,longer handling times have been known to have higher search ranking than us / me on Ebay search, hence why i'm changing to what suits us.Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

Increase handling time?

Thanks I think increased handling time will save me grief with people opening eBay cases and not willing to wait for the snail mail. To arrive, even though out of my hands.

Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

Increase handling time?

I did, i still get ' wheres my item' but alot less now than before.

I can see Ebay having to change this ridiculous handling time system, because people are opting out of the same day or 1 day system because of unrealistic delivery times.

Ebay's lives in a fantasy world where as most of us have to live in the real world where things do go wrong.Smiley Tongue

Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

Increase handling time?

@jdlmk11 wrote:

I have read on a few forum topics that Premium Service does not exist. Does this mean that eBay does not reward PS sellers with better search positions etc? Does it just mean you get the badge that looks good to buyers?

Yes, I think so. Just a gold star on your page.

And going by what others have said over time, Prem Serv doesn't appear to effect sales once it's gone.

image host
Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

Increase handling time?

I have changed all my letter post to 3 days handling and 2 days for all parcels, and I have never been busier ??? go figure

I am also getting hardly any "Where is my item", get lots of feedback about fast postage, so it is working for me. Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

Increase handling time?

SInce changing my handling time from 1 day to 5, I've had no, I repeat NO, "where's my parcel?". I have also not had a reduction in sales. I still aim to post same or next day (work permitting). The only messages I get now are thanks for getting the item to them before the first estimate date. All that has happened is I've relaxed a bit and a lot of pressure has been lifted. It also allows me a bit of breathing space on the rare occasion that it takes 2 days to get to the PO.

As long as you keep posting same or next day as you've been doing, your buyers will be happier because the items will arrive before the first date or smack in the middle of the estimate.

As for the badge, from a buyers perspective, I take absolutely no notice of a badge and won't buy from one seller as opposed to another because one has a badge and the other doesn't. I am the same with TRS. Couldn't care less if a seller is TRS or not. I doubt I'm the only one that feels that way.

Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

Increase handling time?

I 100% agree with Tippy on this one.

We have changed our handling time out to 3-days and the only change we have noticed is that the little Premium Service badge has disappeared. Of course, we are still mailing on the same/next day as we always did.

But no additional complaints of item not arrived yet.

So I'd advise go ahead and increase your handling time for peace of mind and reduced late arrival defects.

Message 10 of 13
Latest reply