When i request online they ask for my second account which i dont have

Cheers

Jamie

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Increase selling limits

We are only members.

I believe if you ring them, eBay MIGHT raise your limits, but only a maximum of once per month.

Clarry knows a bit about this; maybe wait until he can give some advice.

I will point out, however, that you are selling into a very scam-prone market (electronics and games) so eBay may be reluctant to increase your limits after only one month.

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

Increase selling limits

imastawka
Honored Contributor

They don't like to increase your listings until you've shown that you have

happy customers - they say.

So,  feedback of 50 is usually required.   Especially if you have no other linked accounts.

But call them anyway.  No harm in nagging.

By opening a business account you won't get the three free re-lists - if that's still

a happenin' thing.  Others will know about that.  I never got them.

Linking the credit card was a good move.

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

Increase selling limits

Until you get an increase, you're wasting your money having a store. No point paying for 200 listings if you can only list 10. Save your money for now. Probably a bit silly using a business account because you lose some perks and you can't change it back.

In reference to your question, if you don't have another account, you'll need to call ebay.

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

Increase selling limits

Hi Jamie,

I can't really add any more than what you have already done or what others have already suggested.

It's a tough slog early on and pretty much all you can do is to chip away at it and do the very best you can by your buyers to get that positive feedback score on the up.

We found early on that the best way to do it was to call and speak to the CSRs about it. But keep in mind that if you do this more often than once per month they are likely to get annoyed at you.

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

Increase selling limits

I might add too, as Tippy has pointed out, that I think at this stage you are wasting $19.95 per month (soon to be $24.95) by having a basic store when you can only list maybe 100 Items in a month. So I would cancel that subscription for now until your limit increases to where you can make use of it fully.

Just as a side note the item count is the sum of active listings and SOLD items.

So eg if your limit is 10 and you have 5 sold items in the month then you can only list 5 more active listings in that month.

Also if you have variations (which you dont have at the moment) then the item count is the sum of all the variations for that item.

So eg if you had a T-shirt with 3 colours and 3 sizes then this would count as 9 items (3 sizes x 3 colours), assuming one of each variation was listed.

In our case after religiously calling them each month for a year or so for an increase they eventually granted us an increase up to something like 500,000 items which was essentially unlimited for us. So keep at it is really all I can suggest.

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

Increase selling limits

sales? selling? whats that?? lights are off big league this January..last year sold heaps during Jan this year..chirping crickets..Zilch..nada..

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

Increase selling limits

I would close the store and use the 40 free listings to sell a few things now and then if you really want to keep that account.I would create a new id, personal, not a business one, and use the free listings and free relists which you don't get on a store or business account and try to build up the feedback on that id to a level where they will raise your limit. Once you get near to 200 you can open a store if you want.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

Increase selling limits

imastawka
Honored Contributor

As a follow up to what Phorum Junkie said, if you open a new account DO NOT link it to this one.

They will automatically make it a business acccount as well.  

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply