International eBay sites

I want to try listing on international eBay sites as well as Australian. So I have run a test product from my store and uploaded it directly to the US ebay site using their online template. (so we are clear I did not upload using turbo lister).

My question is, will it show up differently on the US site and will it also show up as a duplicate listing on my Australian ebay site???

Dont want to cop a infringment on a harmless test run....

Thanking you in advance....

Message 1 of 19
Latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

International eBay sites

If it's the USB flash drive you listed, it looks the same on both the AU site and the US site. Only difference is, when you view it on the AU site, it is listed in US dollars, with the AU conversion underneath, whereas the US site just shows the price in $US.

Did you know that you listed it as free postage worldwide?

Message 2 of 19
Latest reply

International eBay sites

Hi,

Yeah I know its a free postage listing, I thought the free postage might increase listing positioning and interest.

What I want to know is will my item list higher on the US eBay site because I listed it directly onto its page?

Message 3 of 19
Latest reply

International eBay sites

If you were wondering about position on Best Match, probably not. That search option is very dodgy and it's always the same few 'protected' sellers who appear at the top. You can jump through all the hoops they ask you to and still appear on page 10 of the Best Match results.

Message 4 of 19
Latest reply

International eBay sites

your problem is going to be that the US buyer wont realize yr in australia and will expect it in a day or 2... now 2 weeks or more.

Listing on ebay USA means you have to post with ''proof of delivery'' not just proof of posting for Paypal protection, and if they dont have it in a cpl of days I can see them filing and winning a Item not Received dispute.

are you aware of how much it will cost to post to USA with Signature on Delivery??

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 5 of 19
Latest reply

International eBay sites

Letter rate to US over 50gms:
$6.45 up to 250gms
$15.50 up to 500gms

Parcel rate starts at (under 500gms) $14.10

Those rates are for airmail, no tracking or extra cover. Add the eBay FVF now charged on postage.

Won't that cost nearly as much (starting at $6.45 rate, plus extras) as the items sell for?
Message 6 of 19
Latest reply

International eBay sites

It is very rare to see online sellers offering free international shipping, unless they are big global companies like ASOS. Some offer free shipping if customer spends over a certain dollar amount e.g. $150. Some offer 40% off intl shipping occasionally.
Message 7 of 19
Latest reply

International eBay sites

A USB stick is sent as a large letter, I can ship it for $2.60 all day long to any international address you please.

The extra time to reach the destination might be an issue for some but if it works most eBayers are cool after a little communication.

Message 8 of 19
Latest reply

International eBay sites

Excluding of course China, Hong Kong, and a a few other countries, that have Free international Post on everything.

Message 9 of 19
Latest reply

International eBay sites

@betweenrows_warhammer wrote:

A USB stick is sent as a large letter, I can ship it for $2.60 all day long to any international address you please.

The extra time to reach the destination might be an issue for some but if it works most eBayers are cool after a little communication.

Where are the USB sticks made? China? Would people in other countries bother buying one from Australia? Why not buy them direct from sellers in China, at a cost likely to be less than you charge?

Do you send them in a paper envelope? That doesn't offer much protection in the post. Or a padded bag that is less than 20mm thick with the item in it?

Message 10 of 19
Latest reply