International post customs declaration options

For those here who send sold goods overseas, what are you ticking for the customs declaration?

There's no merchandise option on the AP forms, so the only option I can see that kind of fits is 'commercial sample' but this can't be right. Should I be ticking 'other' then writing in the reason as 'merchandise'? I don't understand why they would not include this option.

If using C&S instead of the paper form it get more confusing. There's still no merchandise option, but there is a tick box for 'my item has commercial value'. But then it insists I fill out tariff numbers and country of origin for all the items. Of course, the paper forms have that too but I assume I can leave blank?

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Ticking 'other' and writing a description that it's merchandise is probably the better option. I sent an item to Russia recently and wondered the same thing. Pretty sure I ticked 'commercial sample' but the other way you describe would probably be more accurate.

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

I have dicovered this a couple of weeks ago so i now tick G**t,not really suppose too but if AP doesn't have a box for merchandise,so be it.

I will not wasting anymore of my time trying to work out what AP is try to achive

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply