International sales

Anyone know how I can set my listing to international? There used to be a worldwide option and now only a country restriction?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: International sales

It will probably depend a little on what listing format you have (there's the old listing form, a new listing form, and a 'quick' listing form with minimal options), and/or whether you've been opted into business policies (good ol' eBay - keepin' it simple Smiley LOL ).

I should be able to advise better if I can confirm which type you have, (if you're not sure, a quick screenshot that shows the postage section of your listing form should do).

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

It will probably depend a little on what listing format you have (there's the old listing form, a new listing form, and a 'quick' listing form with minimal options), and/or whether you've been opted into business policies (good ol' eBay - keepin' it simple Smiley LOL ).

I should be able to advise better if I can confirm which type you have, (if you're not sure, a quick screenshot that shows the postage section of your listing form should do).

Message 2 of 14
Latest reply

Hi there, thanks for your assistance. Here's the screenshot. I have not set an eclusion list.Screen Shot 2017-04-11 at 10.03.26 pm.png

Message 3 of 14
Latest reply

Thanks - that's the original listing format, with no postage policies, so you should be able to access international shipping options by first setting up some domestic postage options (if you have it sitting on local pick-up only, the international postage options will disappear).

Once you have set up postage options within Australia, you should see this section becom available (if it doesn't, try clicking the 'add or remove options' link to add it to the listing form) :

international.PNG

From here, you can select to use calculated shipping, have a worldwide flat rate (along with any exclusions you may want to set up, eg if you don't want to ship to Nigeria), or quote postage costs to specific countries and / or regions separately (doing that is recommended for postage to the US and UK, to help increase visibility on those sites). 

Message 4 of 14
Latest reply

Ok. It's a Motorhome I'm selling, so I don't want to be responsible for shipping etc and leave that for prospective buyers to arrange.
Message 5 of 14
Latest reply

Oh..

To be honest, I suspect there would be very few (if any) international buyers for an item of that size - I'm not sure how many viable options there would be to have that moved anywhere off-shore, and ultimately, I'm afraid it's not possible to do 'pick up only' for Australian buyers and then enable international shipping options. 

Message 6 of 14
Latest reply

It's not one of the big ones and is shippable. A few years ago I listed a large 4x4 and it sold to Oregon as a surprise to me as I wasn't aware the add was international. It was a rare vehicle just as this is, if not rarer. Shipping rates aren't that bad it seems so maybe it will sufficiently attract someone's attention. I will look at those alterations you posted, could I then stipulate 'buyer to arrange any shipping' in the ad? Thanks again for your help and knowledge by the way, it's very appreciated.
Message 7 of 14
Latest reply

Sorry about the delayed response, had a busy couple of days - you can do that if you keep it as pick up only, but in that case you won't be able to offer the item internationally.

A few years back, you could post an add on eBay without stipulating postage costs at all, even within Australia, however eBay put a stop to that as it did cause a few problems. Now, if you offer postage options within Australia, you must select the service and cost (the only way not to is to select 'freight' however even with that, the onus is on the seller to collect the cost of freight and arrange the shipment for the buyer). 

If you provide shipping options within Australia, you can then make it available to overseas buyers without specifying a shipping cost or method for them, but you can't do it for both within Aus and overseas (which you may have already figured out in the last couple of days Smiley Very Happy ). 

Message 8 of 14
Latest reply

I did a naughty and selected the options etc with obvious fake amounts for the item being a motorhome, then stipulated in big n bold that no postage or shipping was included etc, and in the payment instructions. Anyhow, it has sold now to the US from and American forum with an eBay link I put there. Thanks for your help
Message 9 of 14
Latest reply

You also did a naughty by openly admitting in a public forum that you sold it off eBay, which eBay take a dim view of. Don't be at all surprised if you get a policy violation against you. Having low feedback, it could be enough to stop you selling for good. Just saying....

Message 10 of 14
Latest reply