Is This Allowed?

The messages I reported today that were removed within minutes, was someone advertising to sell their eBay account and were also offering 50 positive feedback for a fee. I just checked their listings to see whether eBay had done anything to their account and found this..... 121449316946

One thing I want to know is, how can you sell someone feedback? How on earth would they give it to you? 

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Is This Allowed?

Reported

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

Is This Allowed?

@i-love-my-sheep wrote:

The messages I reported today that were removed within minutes, was someone advertising to sell their eBay account and were also offering 50 positive feedback for a fee. I just checked their listings to see whether eBay had done anything to their account and found this..... 121449316946

One thing I want to know is, how can you sell someone feedback? How on earth would they give it to you? 

Check the feedback of that seller and you'll see lots and lots of feedback for $1 items from lots and lots of low feedback IDs. That's how they "sell" feedback.

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

Is This Allowed?

I find it interesting that they are advertising more than 10. It doesn't even look like the account they're selling from as they are saying the stores have 200 feedback. 

Which option did you report it under? I reported the seller to eBay this afternoon via the report a seller option, after they posted their ads on here, which is why I checked their listings, to see if eBay had done anything yet. They requested the screenshots I took of the offending posts, so hopefully they will do something about it.

I still want to know how someone can buy (or sell) feedback! How does it transfer to yours? I would never do it, I have no need to, but curious as to how it's done.

Spoiler
sell feedback.jpg
Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

Is This Allowed?

@bigbrickshop wrote:

Check the feedback of that seller and you'll see lots and lots of feedback for $1 items from lots and lots of low feedback IDs. That's how they "sell" feedback.

Ahhhh, OK, that makes sense.

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

Is This Allowed?

scammer. all bogus. total rubbish. 

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

Is This Allowed?

Nice one on the screen shot, sheep

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

Is This Allowed?

I figured the offending posts would be removed pretty quickly once reported, so snapped them straight away. I was right, they were gone in less than 5 minutes. I thought if I reported them to eBay for scamming, I would need proof.

Spoiler
sell account.jpg
Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

Is This Allowed?

Ebay really should pay you a spotter's fee,  lol

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

Is This Allowed?

I hate trying to report anything - I never seem to be able to figure out the multiple choice thing and give up

Happy to report if someone writes down the reporting for dummies sequence for me.

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply