Is it me? Sales not happening

Message 1 of 35
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I think most seller know there is a light that turns on/off I have gone a week without hardly a sale then got 5 in a hour. Personally yes I would rather smooth regular sales but TBH it does not bother me that much. The last week for me has been very slow but what I look at is the monthly sales and as long as I sell a certain amount each month all is good. Online sales are finicky and even more on Ebay, for some reason, and will go up and down but it is the overall picture Monthly/quarterly/yearly you need to look at really

View solution in original post

Message 13 of 35
Latest reply
34 REPLIES 34

I have just had my best couple of weeks since I reopened  at the start of November, not up to the levels of three years ago but certainly enough to be very noticeable.

Suspect my lights will probably go out next week and somebody else will reap the benefits.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 3 of 35
Latest reply

Had the best 60 days since I started selling up until around a week ago. Possibly due to having the right items, but I still have some of those and now its gone very dark...................but great couple of months, so much so I was beginning to think the throttling had been throttled, oh well I guess it was a false dawn.

Message 4 of 35
Latest reply

Sales have been very strong for the past month. I used the 100 free listings for some auctions of popular items and the response has been some of the best I,ve had for quite a while. I think it all depends on what you sell.

Message 5 of 35
Latest reply

So does ebay throttle sellers?

Message 6 of 35
Latest reply

@bronwynsgold wrote:

Well I just checked 10 of my listings using an anonymous VPN and they weren't there.

0 sales for 2 days which in media is very unusual.

I have about 1500 books listed too.

Message 7 of 35
Latest reply

@bronwynsgold wrote:

I firmly believe so! There are cycles in anything, but on eBay the cycles or peaks and troughs are too volatile to be a coincidence or natural cycle. I can have a few days where I am responding to offers, answering queries and seeing the watch count and views rise, and then all of a sudden that all changes. New listings just don't start rising in views at all. As an intuit you can feel the difference.

Message 8 of 35
Latest reply

I just did similiar, 116 out of 118 listings in best match were with the same seller and 112 out of 115 were with the same seller in newly listed even though I newly listed a couple of hours ago.

So what does it mean? does it mean that my store is too puny to bother with? It is over month now with few sales.  Can you tell me how to complain to ebay? Many of my listings are not showing. But when I go and check ebay says they are.

Message 9 of 35
Latest reply

I can see 154 listings of yours when I clicked on 'view listings'....are you talking about that or viewing via the 'search parameters'?
Message 10 of 35
Latest reply