Is this buyer question a scam?

traclkes
Community Member

it seems shady as hell, i dont do deals ouside ebay, and this guy is not the highest bidder on my item. not to mention ive never talked to him before so how could we have agreed on anything?.

Attention Buyer error Attention You can only purchase this item using your eBay Shopping Cart. On the Item Details page, click the “Add to Cart” button in the listing, then click on the cart icon at the top of the page to check out. Learn more about using the eBay shopping cart. Note: If you're placing a bid, please change the amount of your bid by at least .01 cent. {e45001-808376x} I just got listed error. I agreed i will offer you $400 for the item with the shipping cost all together and i will make payment via my paypal account kindly send me payment request of the total amount on my paypal account ceo.touficbahri@yahoo.com or get back to me with your paypal account. i will look forward to hear from you .Thanks

Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

ooak3
Community Member

yes that is a scam , do not reply and delete !!

Message 2 of 18
Latest reply

I agree, have nothing to do with it.

Message 3 of 18
Latest reply

If it looks like a Rat and smells like a Rat, then most likely it's a Rat. Report the item, contact ebay by phone if you like, but don't go there 🙂 

Message 4 of 18
Latest reply

Make sure  you have your BUYER REQUIREMENTS page filled in carefully

Account > Site Preferences > Buyer Requirements

Block buyers whose primary postage address is in a location I don't post to.

Message 5 of 18
Latest reply

Also block his ID by adding the ID to your blocked buyer/bidder list

Message 6 of 18
Latest reply

The link to add to this buyer to your Blocked Buyers List (BBL) is here  http://offer.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?BidderBlockLogin

Message 7 of 18
Latest reply

traclkes
Community Member

Thanks guys thing is all my buyer requirement's were selected and he shouldnt' have got through, and I only post to Australia so he was stupid for even trying, I cry wolf everytime I see a Yahoo acct anyway.

Message 8 of 18
Latest reply

I just got this from the same email

Attention Buyer error

Attention

You can only purchase this item using your eBay Shopping Cart. On the Item Details page, click the “Add to Cart” button in the listing, then click on the cart icon at the top of the page to check out.

Learn more about using the eBay shopping cart.

Note: If you're placing a bid, please change the amount of your bid by at least .01 cent.
{e45001-808376x}

I just got listed error. I agreed i will offer you $643 for the item with the shipping cost all together and i will make payment via my paypal account kindly send me payment request of the total amount on my paypal account ceo.touficbahri@yahoo.com or get back to me with your paypal account. i will look forward to hear from you .Thanks

- ja_lal1*

Message 9 of 18
Latest reply

I just received same mesage form this buyer , I doubted when he ask and I checked his if just made today
Message 10 of 18
Latest reply