Is this considered a duplicate listing?

Is listing the same product in different formats considered duplicate listings?

For example, Have one product a "Buy it now" and then the same product as "Auction"

Thanks in advance

Dave

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

you are allowed to do that.

they just can't both be in the same format

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

You can't have more than one fixed price listing of an identical item at the same time.

You can have more than one auction-style listing for identical items. However, only one duplicate auction-style listing without bids appears on eBay at a time. Learn more about how duplicate auction-style listings appear on eBay.

The following types of listings will be considered duplicate listings even though the listing format or details may vary:

• An auction-style listing with the Buy It Now option and an auction-style listing without the Buy It Now option for an identical item

• A fixed price listing and an auction-style listing with the Buy It Now option for an identical item

• Two auction-style listings for an identical item with different ending times

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

Call me a moron, but I don't understand that. Can you just give me a yes or no please??????????????????????????

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Great, thank you!

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

It just means that if you have several auction style listings, only one listing will show in searches/browsing until it has a bid.  Once it has a bid (or it ends), the next listing will also show.  If it too gets a bid, the third duplicate listing will show, and so on.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

yes, it does. but just add another letter like A B C on each listing in the heading, or change or add another word, and you can get away with it, doesn't matter if you have auction or BIN, but as long as you have the stock..
Message 7 of 7
Latest reply