Is this seller legit?

So I came across this listing yesterday.

While looking at the feedback it said the latest FB was from over a year ago - both from the seller and by the buyers. That and this person has 0 feedback for positive, negative and neutral.

But when I looked at the particular listing it said that 49 of that particular jacket had been sold within the last 24 hours  plus another listing of theirs where the same jacket was in a different listing and they had sold multiples of those over the past week.

So I'm just wondering, is it possible they just have no new feedback, and haven't given any themselves recently? I just haven't come across that kind of listing before with 0 feedback and was wondering if their listings are legitimate.

EDIT: Just realised I should have posted this in Buying forum. Sorry. XD

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Is this seller legit?

"Is this seller legit?"

The selling account has been hijacked by a Chinese Scammer.

The listings are fraudulent listings for non existent items.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

Is this seller legit?

First of all, absolutely agree with all the other posts, it's as shonky as all get out.

HOWEVER,  the situation you described, last feedback 12 mths ago, 49 of one item sold in the last 24 hrs and 28 of another in the last week.  That is entirely possible IF the seller had simply not sold anything in the last year and just recommenced a week ago.  It is unlikely that sales in the last week would have been received yet, so feedback from these is even more unlilkely.

Still, in this instance, avoid like the plague, lol.

Cheers,

Penny

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Is this seller legit?

Looks like 1 bad feedback in 12 months is bringing it down to 0.0%. Have you seen the other feedback from more than 12 months ago, not good!

Surely you'd have to be asking how they can sell you a jacket for $7.77 with overseas postage included, and for it to arrive and you being 100% happy with it.

Do not buy!
Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

Is this seller legit?

gets down to are you willing to maybe lose $7.77 to test a theory. which i'm guessing is what the seller is banking on. as you could claim item not recieved if it didnt turn up you might not lose any money.

nothing about this makes any sense.

still it makes you wonder dont it.

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

Is this seller legit?

The account (userID) is registered in USA since 2000.

They say the item will ship from China.

And that the item location is Hermosa Beach, California, United States.

All very dodgey it seems to me.

But.... if you chose to take the risk for $7.77 and it goes wrong....

Make sure you pay using PayPal.

Then under the ebay MBG you should get your money back if it never arrives or is not as described.

Buyers are pretty safe these days IMHO.

Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

Is this seller legit?

Chinese items often use a pic of the real item then when they copy and manufacture, it's nothing like it.

Very poor quality, thinner in materials, stitching coming undone with lose threads.

Even the colour could be slightly different.

And sizing much smaller than our standards.

Put the 7.70 towards something better you will be happy with. Smiley Wink

image host
Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

Is this seller legit?

"Is this seller legit?"

The selling account has been hijacked by a Chinese Scammer.

The listings are fraudulent listings for non existent items.

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

Is this seller legit?

mxaus
Community Member

If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck it could be a dragon doing a duck impression but more than likely it is a duck.

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

Is this seller legit?

Why waste your time? Unless you like mysteries and delving into them.

Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

Is this seller legit?

First of all, absolutely agree with all the other posts, it's as shonky as all get out.

HOWEVER,  the situation you described, last feedback 12 mths ago, 49 of one item sold in the last 24 hrs and 28 of another in the last week.  That is entirely possible IF the seller had simply not sold anything in the last year and just recommenced a week ago.  It is unlikely that sales in the last week would have been received yet, so feedback from these is even more unlilkely.

Still, in this instance, avoid like the plague, lol.

Cheers,

Penny
Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

Is this seller legit?

listing has been removed

Message 10 of 12
Latest reply