Is this the correct way to fill out a bank account information form?

I feel like a dope for needing to ask this, but oh well. I'm selling my first item, and I want to offer bank deposits as an option. That means I have to fill out a form giving my bank account details, and I just want to make 100% sure that I'm doing it right? Right now it looks like this.

Step 1
Bank location: Australia (this was in a drop down menu)

Step 2
Account name: Smart Access
BSB Number: 11 1111
Account number: 1111 1111
Bank name: Commonwealth Bank

"Account name" and "Bank name" are the ones I'm worried about. Does "Account name," need my actual name or anything, and does "Bank name," need the specific branch of the bank?
Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Account name should be the name on the account (though it might not matter as account number should override it)

Bank name means the bank - Commonwealth, or CBA should be okay. Once again the BSB should be the primary identifier.

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

Account name is the name ON the account, not the name of the account.   Usually your own name or company name.

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

@missbittens wrote:

does "Bank name," need the specific branch of the bank?

No, the BSB actually identifies both the bank and branch for the purposes of transfers, so bank name is mostly just there to say which bank for anyone who wants to do an over-the-counter deposit rather than an online transfer - the generic name (eg Commonwealth) is fine for that. 🙂 Same for account name (it really should say something like 'account holder' name), most online transfers are done with just the BSB and account number, but over the counter can sometimes require the account (holder's) name.

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

My opinion:  eBay requiring sellers to link there personal bank accounts and to give eBay SS#  information seems very wrong.  Sellers should  boycott and stop using eBay.

When anyone agrees with eBay's new rules. They are allowing eBay to have full access of entering and removing any amount of money from there personnel bank account. 

I will No longer be using eBay.

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

Firstly - this thread is SEVEN YEARS old.

Secondly - as such, it predates MP by many years. So

Thirdly - your reply is devoid of useful information and WAY off-topic.

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

I think you have posted on this thread by mistake.

It is over seven years old, and asks about offering bank deposit for payment of items.

It has nothing to do with Managed Payments . . . but while we are here . . . there are ways to prevent eBay from accessing your Bank Account.  These are discussed on threads related to MP.

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

you have posted on the Australian Discussion Boards.

You will likely get better information on the USA boards . . . unless you are rallying ALL members to stop using eBay because of unfounded claims of misconduct or fraud (now where else have unfounded claims of misconduct and fraud been made in the USA recently?).

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply