Issuing tax invoices

mnspro
Community Member

Hey guys,

Just wondering how to handle issuing tax invoices? Should I use accounting software by transferring manually customer info and sales info from eBay and enter the data into the accounting software?

Just curious on how other sellers manage this function?

Regards

-Mnspro

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Issuing tax invoices

If you use Selling Manager Pro you can set up a tax invoice in there. I am not sure if you can also do it through Selling Manager.

Message 2 of 17
Latest reply

Issuing tax invoices

mnspro
Community Member

Is that tax invoice or just invoice? Selling manager is a US program isn't it? or is it developed for Australian invoices too?

Message 3 of 17
Latest reply

Issuing tax invoices

In Selling Manager Pro you can customise the invoice to make it a proper tax invoice.

It is all you need to send to the buyer if they require a tax invoice.

Message 4 of 17
Latest reply

Issuing tax invoices

mnspro
Community Member

Hi thanks for your response. Does the customization process have to occur for each sale? ie each customer? or do we customize a template and have selling manager pro pull sales data such as customer name and address onto the invoice template and that is what we print when sending package to customer?

Message 5 of 17
Latest reply

Issuing tax invoices

You don't have to do it for each sale.

You just customise the template and eBay pull the relevant data onto the template.

You can then print out a combined address label / invoice. All you have to do is fold it, place it in an invoice enclosed envelope and stick it to the parcel with the customers address showing. Quick and easy to do as it saves having to write out the buyers address.

For your return address you can buy 1000 address labels for around $20.00 so you just stick them on as well.

Message 6 of 17
Latest reply

Issuing tax invoices

mnspro
Community Member

Excellent thanks for that

Message 7 of 17
Latest reply

Issuing tax invoices

t51a
Community Member

I'm using Selling Manager Pro but can't for the life of me see how this can be done. I can customise the invoices to add some extra information, but there doesn't seem to be a selection for GST. What am I missing?

Message 8 of 17
Latest reply

Issuing tax invoices

@mnspro wrote:

Hey guys,

Just wondering how to handle issuing tax invoices? Should I use accounting software by transferring manually customer info and sales info from eBay and enter the data into the accounting software?

Just curious on how other sellers manage this function?

Regards

-Mnspro

Hi, I assume you have registered for GST purposes with the ATO, have a current Australian Business Number ( ABN. )  and lodge quarterly or annual Business activity statements ( BAS statements. )  ? If not, you can not legally charge GST or issue a tax invoice. If unregistered you can only issue a normal invoice and must stipulate on it that you are not registered for GST purposes and that the invoice does not contain GST. Sellers are not required to register for GST purposes untill they sell more than  $75,000 in a single financial year. Please dont take offence if you are registered, but the tax laws are complicated and many people are not familiar with the GST system. 

Message 9 of 17
Latest reply

Issuing tax invoices

You actually have it wrong. All business must charge get. You only have to register for get when your forecast sales is over 75k
Message 10 of 17
Latest reply