Item delivered to wrong address

I just received a msg from a buyer saying they had not left feedback as there was a problem with delivery.Apparently item was delivered to wrong address,asked the buyer how they knew this and she said that she went to AusPost when tracking showed parcel delivered and she had not received it.They told her that all delivery vans have cameras so they can track where it was delivered to and go there and try to get it back.Is anyone else aware of this,I offered her a refund but she refused saying it was not my fault and she would keep me updated and if it was returned to me could I please resend it which I am happy to do.Should I just refund now she sounds genuine.

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

No, she doesn't want a refund and realizes it's not your fault.

I would message her telling her to feel free to contact you to get any information she may need as you are happy to assist.

It sounds like a carrier error.

It's with her and Aust Post for now.

image host
Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

Thanks Kopes I have told her to contact me if she needs any info just feel bad that she is being so nice about it.
Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

Not all of us buyers are feral.

In this case it was obviously not your fault and the buyer can see that.

Just wait and see what happens when AP look into it.  If it is a proven misdelivery the buyer should be compensated by AP, not you.

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

And just another lie told by AP...the delivery vans do not have cameras.  Their scanners have GPS capability and this should tell them where the parcel was delivered.

And it is APs job to try and get it back from the incorrect address.....not the person to whom it was addressed.  They have no authority to ask anyone to hand over any mail.

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

you should buy a lottery ticket, having an item go awol and the buyer being nice, thats a win in my book.

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

I never meant to imply all buyers are feral,I buy a lot myself.Just feel bad that she never got the item feel I should refund her.
Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

@davidc4430 wrote:

you should buy a lottery ticket, having an item go awol and the buyer being nice, thats a win in my book.

The way I think of it is that it's pointless buying a lotto ticket as they've had all their luck.

It's the same when someone walks away from a car crash they say go buy a ticket as your luck is in,(but I see

it as,you've used your luck so don't bother buying a ticket,good.gif

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

I'm still waiting for an AP investigation to finish - missing a 'delivered' parcel since March....takes a while ๐Ÿ˜ž
Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

Here's an AP story for everyone.

Just moved a few weeks ago, new posties. Both nice.

It's been raining heavily this week...I get an AP courier delivery. The neighbour isn't home so the postie asks me if I know them.

I say no.

One minute later he's back from the van with a parcel that he shoves into my hands, says it's for the neighbour, as I am signing for MY things...I've now signed for theirs.

So I am essentially stuck with some random strange parcel...for somebody I don't know.

Sooooooo

I think...OK, that's nice, AP dude trusts me.

That's nice, they won't have to go to the P.O. and pick it up in a downpour.

Then I think...what if they are really cross I signed for it on their behalf and won't believe the postie...just did it?

What if...it's urgent and I don't see them?

grrrrrrrr

Did not like that much at all. Luckily, I saw them that day and they seemed happy. But...what if I'd just decided it looked nice and they weren't getting it?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 10 of 10
Latest reply