Items not auto-relisting

lltotes
Community Member

Hi, for the past couple of months I've found that at least half of my listings have not auto-relisted. The relist button is always checked when I create the listing and I have not used up my 40 free listings nor am I a power seller or exceeded my selling limit so I have no idea why this is happening. Of course when I have manually relisted the item again it gets taken off the free listings limiting what I bother to list monthly. My daughter does not have this problem and all of her items auto-relist without cutting into whats left of her 40 free listings.

I'm not a big seller and although I considered trying to become one I'm finding that I really can't compete with all the overseas junk that now clutters up the site. I think I will just have to go back to being an occasional buyer, but even that seems like a pain now days.

Any ideas why the auto relist is not happening would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 19
Latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Items not auto-relisting

Other members have had the auto relist come and go.

Possible it's a site glitch.

image host
Message 2 of 19
Latest reply

Items not auto-relisting

Thanks, I suspected it was just another glitch. I get the usual email saying they will relist but they just don't. 

Message 3 of 19
Latest reply

Items not auto-relisting

Are you using the new easy list format perhaps? My daughter has found that it did not auto relist unless she went in & revised the listing to tick the box again after relist from unsold. Even when (3 free) relist is ticked in a new listing it doesn't "stick" & so you only get the 7 or 10 days & no auto relists unless you revise as above.

She has used her 40 free for this month due to this glitch. Whereas I have many listings left. We have similar numbers of listings. I haven't used the new format (& there seems to be no opt out for my daughter!) Though we both list on a desktop computer. not a phone or laptop.

Another annoyance found with that format is only a 3 day postage handling time maximum & no option to extend the timeframe.

Message 4 of 19
Latest reply

Items not auto-relisting

I find, with books, if eBay's wisdom decides a listing is in an incorrect sub-category then the listing will fall off without relisting.

Other than that, I keep a record of when I list and check daily to ensure those going through have relist checked if they haven't done their 4 months.

I have no idea how many listings you have, but I'm guessing it's less than 2400. So a simple click on the options at the right of each listing, once a month if you are using 30 day listings, will tell you if they are due to auto relist.

Message 5 of 19
Latest reply

Items not auto-relisting

@redders_60 wrote:

Are you using the new easy list format perhaps?

Another annoyance found with that format is only a 3 day postage handling time maximum & no option to extend the timeframe.

All my accounts have now moved over to the easy list format. My main account only changed this week. All my items still have a 5 day handling time. I have the option from 1 to 30 days. I believe there is a way to go back to the old lister. I think you go to create a new listing. Put car in the box and it comes up saying you can use that listing tool for that category so it offers to change it. I don't know if it still works that way, but worth trying.

handling time.jpg

Me, I'm actually preferring the quick format. A lot of the time if gives me 4 free relists, and it honours them if I don't go back and revise at all. If I revise at all it reverts back to 3. I made a note on the ones that said 4 free relists and they did relist for free 4 times.

relist 4 times.jpg

Message 6 of 19
Latest reply

Items not auto-relisting

You can't go back to the old format, tippy. I did once but the next time they opted me in I couldn't go back. There was another thread on this a while back and someone said they rang ebay and were told it's here to stay once you're opted in.

I like the way the new format will show you how many relists you've got left if you edit a listing.

I've often found that if you open the listing and then click on edit, the auto relists will stick better than if you use the dropdown menu to revise.
Message 7 of 19
Latest reply

Items not auto-relisting

My daughter didn't opt in. It was just there when she went to list some Living Dead Dolls from her collection. I'd not previously seen the format; But did check for her as I'm the usual to do relists & cannot for the life of me see any way to extend the 3 day shipping time on her listings. I've not seen the format on my ebay selling. It's not been offered to me!

Message 8 of 19
Latest reply

Items not auto-relisting

Ebay are gradually opting people in. My other 2 accounts changed months ago. Main account was only this week.

Message 9 of 19
Latest reply

Items not auto-relisting

If she's got business policies set up you should be able to do it there, or that's what I'd expect.
Message 10 of 19
Latest reply