Items returned

We sold an item in good faith. All others sold of same item, everyone was happy with. A women bought one, she did not know how to use it, did not read the instructions, got a person in who also did not read instructions, they did not put the oil in. She wanted it returned. we were made to pay for the return of the item, we had it checked, we put the oil in and it worked perfectly. On return and following checking i returned the money  minus what it cost us to get it to the customer and then what it cost us to get it back. she then complained to ebay and they paid her back the freight. Are sellers not given any luck, we are not always wrong, ebay has done this so many times, we even proved a delivery and they still gave the buyer money back, we had an item returned perfect order and they gave the money back, ebay never asks us questions before just giving the money back to the buyer. without sellers, there will be no ebay and no buyers. i am loosing faith fast in ebay.

what do you think of the situation, do you know how i can discuss this further with ebay and get our freight money back.

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Items returned

Welcome to the buyers paradise, where they can say and do anything and get rewarded for it. Seriously, there is nothing you can do to get the freight costs returned. Just be grateful you got the item back because so many sellers are losing both the item and the money in these situations.

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

Items returned

The only way you will be allowed to keep the postage both ways is if your buyer says it was their fault.

That is they open a Change of Mind (COM) reason return.

When the reason is for Item Not As Described (INAD) you (the seller) will lose every time.

It's just a fact of life selling on ebay these days.

About the only way to combat this is to elevate your item price a little bit to cover the cost of such an occasional loss.

You just have to wear it and move on if you are going to continue selling on here.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

Items returned

just to be clear here, without BUYERS you only have listers not sellers.

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply