June has been a shocker for sales

Just looked over my last 12 months of selling and see that June has been my absolute worst - down by 80% compared to my peak month of September 2015.

I started selling full time at the start of the last financial year, so now that we're coming to the end of it, I do wonder if that accounts for the low volume of sales although I haven't been through a financial year cycle before as a full time seller, so I don't really have a benchmark to compare.

With my husband also having been unemployed for the last 12 months as well, I really, really, really hope that things pick up again in July. 😞

Message 1 of 22
Latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Yes this has been our worst June (and year) on record.

Like you, we are down about 80% on our peak month of November last year.

Message 2 of 22
Latest reply

I had a big May and big June (not gloating). July will be dead as I'm not relisting when my items end as I'll be away from home a fair bit over the next month or 2. It will be too difficult getting stuff sent out, even though my handling time is 5 days. I could increase it to 10 days, but I'd rather just play it safe and have a hiatus.

I don't know what the answer is. I don't think I get throttled as I run auctions, but I know for a lot of sellers, auctions aren't an option. My stuff sells better at auction, there are plenty of categories where it would be a waste of time and not work at all, yours included.

Have you thought about selling different items to supplement your income? I have no idea what because it's hard finding stuff these days where you can make enough of a profit to sustain it. While I'm doing pretty well at the moment, I couldn't survive if this was my only income. I make enough to cover all the bills, car regos, insurance, land rates, that type of thing, plus there is some left over.

I do feel for those that depend on this income and I hope against all hopes that things pick up for you all soon. Fingers crossed for a better financial year next year!

Message 3 of 22
Latest reply

June blew Smiley Sad

Message 4 of 22
Latest reply

Thanks Tippy - I have thought about selling other items, but I didn't want to "dilute" this store, especially since I have a very

specific user ID.

I do have a secondary account which I haven't used for a few years and I suppose I could use that, but since I'm trying to save every dollar, I am reluctant to list items on that other account which may or may not sell and therefore incur ongoing listing fees.

I think that if my hubby can find work soon, then I'll be more confident about paying for a second store into which I can throw all my other items.

Kinda stuck between a rock and a hard place at the moment.

Message 5 of 22
Latest reply

I do have a secondary account which I haven't used for a few years and I suppose I could use that, but since I'm trying to save every dollar, I am reluctant to list items on that other account which may or may not sell and therefore incur ongoing listing fees.

Your other ID doesn't have to be used for a store.

You get 40 free listings every month as a non-store - no listing fees at all

And non-stores seem to get a lot of promotional free listings

Message 6 of 22
Latest reply

If they are invited to use said promotional free listings. *glares at the last twenty or so promos*
Message 7 of 22
Latest reply

whstle.gif

walking backwards.gif

Message 8 of 22
Latest reply

@heihachi_73 wrote:
If they are invited to use said promotional free listings. *glares at the last twenty or so promos*

Sooooo, are you still glaring?   

Seems you got the invite for the latest one before anyone else

Message 9 of 22
Latest reply

My worst on record too!! Definitely the election always stops sales for me. Both here & retail B&M stores too. People dont like uncertainty & it makes them keep their hands in their pockets. I'm going to try selling in a 2nd category, still working out which! Will post here about whether it helps. There must be another category you can find that doesnt dilute yr store!

Message 10 of 22
Latest reply