June has been a shocker for sales

Just looked over my last 12 months of selling and see that June has been my absolute worst - down by 80% compared to my peak month of September 2015.

I started selling full time at the start of the last financial year, so now that we're coming to the end of it, I do wonder if that accounts for the low volume of sales although I haven't been through a financial year cycle before as a full time seller, so I don't really have a benchmark to compare.

With my husband also having been unemployed for the last 12 months as well, I really, really, really hope that things pick up again in July. 😞

Message 1 of 22
Latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

What about throws, coasters, placemats or picture frames to cor-dinate. All pack flat & can be added to your cushion covers package when sending.

Message 11 of 22
Latest reply

Thanks StyleSilver

At the moment I've been selling my offcuts and remnants when I have a bulk lot left over, but I should look into converting some of them into new items - I quite like the coaster and picture frame ideas as they are relatively small and can easily be posted with the covers.

Thanks for the inspiration - sometimes it gets a bit hard to see the wood through the trees 🙂

Message 12 of 22
Latest reply

Are you selling the offcuts and remnants as is? If so, you could try selling them as squares to attract the patchworkers, or even hexagon. I think you can get a hexagon template quite cheap from Spotlight so you get the shape right. I know a few patchworkers and they said the most tedious part is cutting up all the fabric. They'd much prefer to be able to buy precut bits so they can just get onto the creating.

Message 13 of 22
Latest reply

Yes, June has been an aweful month.  Probably something to do with people not wanting to spend their money because of the election.  Maybe people will spend more when they get their tax refund.  There is a lot of negativity in the world right now with the crazy maggots from Sandland killing, raping and running amoke and the global leaders who do nothing to stop it.  But we just have to put a smile on our face and press on regardless!  Smiley Indifferent

Message 14 of 22
Latest reply

Yes, same for me.

Again, not gloating, just stating.

After a poor start to June, it has been great the last couple of weeks.

Why? Because I pulled out the digit and listed 200 or so new items in early to mid June.

Rather than sitting around thinking how quiet it was, I got to work.

For me, eBay has always been the same for 15 years.

The more you list (provided it is priced right and is something people want to buy) the more you sell.

The $50 a month store has 1000 free listings for the next month or two, so, if you have got a $50 store, may as well try to list as much as possible.

Message 15 of 22
Latest reply

Regular as clock work here. I,m that regular, I,m thinking of applying to feature in All Bran or prune juice adds.   Smiley Very Happy

My store sales might be consistant, but they are at still less than half of two years ago.

The only way I have found to sell any more is to list auctions on my private account. This does not suffer from the same regularity, and I can sell as much as I want on this account. The only problem with this is I am pushing that account to make extra sales and will have to declare the income on my tax, as it is getting out of hand. Sales on this private account are still going reasonably well and dont seem affected by the election. The next couple of days look promising if page views, early bids and watchers on auctions are any indication.

I sell rare automotive parts, tools and collectables on this account. I have several sheds full of this stuff, that I squirled away decades ago, so they are genuine personal items and not strictly taxable, but I dont think the tax man will agree.  There are still buyers for these on ebay and OS buyers are becoming more of a feature in sales.

Message 16 of 22
Latest reply

Yeoldecoinco - 

glad you are having a good couple of weeks.

I agree in some respects that the more you list the more you sell - unfortunately that does not always hold true.

I have upgraded my store to 500 listing and have increased my items from about 150 to 280 in the last few months, but my sales have actually dropped off by 60-80% since the end of last year.

I continue to list around 5 new items per week, but I'm not seeing an increase in sales to correspond with the additional items.

Message 17 of 22
Latest reply

Have you thought of having a website?

Today I have sold $77 on eBay (pathetic day so far) and about $900 from my website, which has turned a poor day into a good day.

The website really helps when eBay sales are dead.

And, it is a very old website that really needs an update, and I don't spend much money advertising it.

As others have said, perhaps branch out and find some related items to sell?

Selling, being a saleperson running your own business is a real roller coaster of emotions.

Sales vindicate your existence and some days emotionally, you are way up, some days way down.

It is completely different from being a wage slave, you are responsible for it all and for making it work.

It does make you tougher, I swore a long time ago that FAILURE WAS NOT AN OPTION and try hard to make sure I live up to that.

When it is tough, that is when the tough get going. You have to pick yourself up in the down times and sow the seeds for future success.

I am sure you can. You have a nice basic product.

Message 18 of 22
Latest reply

Yeoldecoinco - 

I used to have a website - it looked great, had integrated payments etc - but did not get ONE sale in the 12 months I had it, so I've just let it expire. Spent a heap load in advertising trying to drive traffic to the site, to no avail. 

I will definitely be looking to branch out a bit and will start working on some new ideas.

Just having a bit of a downer week, but I'm sure things will improve.

Message 19 of 22
Latest reply

@cushioncovers wrote:
I used to have a website - it looked great, had integrated payments etc - but did not get ONE sale in the 12 months I had it, so I've just let it expire. Spent a heap load in advertising trying to drive traffic to the site, to no avail. 

I will definitely be looking to branch out a bit and will start working on some new ideas.

Just having a bit of a downer week, but I'm sure things will improve.

I would just like to say having a website outside eBay is a great opertuniy. I am in the process of setting one up. Most Providers allow you Web Space for free to a certain amount. You cannot Advertise your Website within eBay listings but in your ME  (About Me) you can Tell sellers about your Website with links.

Thanks For Reading

Message 20 of 22
Latest reply