Just a warning - Scam alert with QLD ipod touch seller

Please be careful buying Ipod Touches or gaming equipment from QLD sellers using web pics. Read the feedback carefully especially if they have also sold gift cards.

Read on for more info.

I am quite new to Ebay as a seller and a buyer.

I've found everyone to be great but one seller.

I have attempted to buy an ipod touch from a seller in QLD who uses a web pic for the item. They offered Paymate which I hadn't heard of but read that they were an acceptable option.

When I made the payment it said pending. I looked it up and the sellers approval rating turned out to be too low for paymate. I contacted the seller and they wanted EFT instead saying they knew there was a problem with paymate (but still kept offering it).

I was suspicious so there was no way I was going to make a direct deposit and I asked for help to resolve the problem. I haven't heard back for two weeks now.

The seller has stopped using the account and others are saying they have paid the money and got no item. Interestingly I also noticed the seller gave feedback as a buyer on an item with an item number the same as he was selling. I don't know how.

Unfortunately Ebay says only the seller can cancel the order and it is still sitting in my bought items as pending.

Just wanted to share the story in hope it may help stop someone else losing money as there are a few other sellers currently listing that appear to be very similar to the one I experienced.
Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Thanks for sharing with the group. Providing the seller doesn't open an unpaid item dispute against you, it will just drop off your purchase history 60 days after the sale.

So glad you didn't fall for the scam and pay via direct deposit because there's no way you would have got your money back. You could try reporting the seller to eBay, but it's an each way bet whether they will do anything about it. 

It's unlikely he'll be able to list anything for awhile, he'd have too many defects and would have dropped into below standard.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

I'd report this seller to ebay, it may or may not do something to get rid of this thief.
Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

It never ceases to amaze me how a rogure seller like this can stay registered and continue to scam while the good quality honest sellers like ourselves if we even cast a sideways glance at the wrong minute will have all kinds of restrictions and defects cast upon us.

Where is the level playing field?

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

saarzi
Community Member
Im always wary of QLDers.... ๐Ÿ˜‰
Message 5 of 5
Latest reply