LIMITED SALES AND WATCHERS

CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHY LATELY SALES ARE SLOW AND WATCHERS ARE VERY LIMITED? I MAINLY SELL BOOTIES AND HARDLY GET MANY WATCHERS NOW OR MANY SALES. I HAVE QUITE A FEW EBAY BOOTIE FRIENDS WHO TELL ME THAT THEIR SALES AND WATCHERS ARE NOT NEAR AS GOOD AS IN PREVIOUS MONTHS.

Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Agree with Am re trying other venues as well - I'd give facebook a crack as well asap with your booties.

lol not a baby fan ATM .... but gorgeous products you have  

View solution in original post

Message 14 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

caps off please. ๐Ÿ™‚ Coz ebay is fast turning into a ghost town.  ( there goes another Tumbleweed. )  Now seriously. I think it's across the entire board. Let's wait and see ey. ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 2 of 16
Latest reply

I find the lead up to christmas slow unless you are selling good gift ideas.

In many different selling arenas I have found the best times of the year are Feb/March, July/August  and October.

image host
Message 3 of 16
Latest reply

This is only the 2nd year we have been selling in the lead-up to Xmas.

This year our overall sales volume is about the same as for the same period last year.

However, last year we had just two selling IDs. This year we have 5.

So I'd have to say that it is slower going by that.

Message 4 of 16
Latest reply

Good Luck clarry. Hope things go well. Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 16
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Your booties are very pretty, well made and reasonably priced,

but...............good grief, it's getting on for summer in Oz.  I'm surprised

people still put booties on their babies these days, they just are too

hot and they always fall off.  Your last bootie sale was September,  that

should give you a hint about the weather.

Good luck, anyhows

Message 6 of 16
Latest reply

I absolutely love your little Christmas booties. Unfortunately stawka is right it is too hot here in Australia for booties at this time of the year.

Perhaps you might like to try making some of those little open baby shoe thingys. Not sure what to call them but they look a little like thongs but are soft with a very open weave. Or perhaps try making some from a cotton yarn rather than wool.

Whatever, I just wish I had a little baby to buy some for. They are so lovely Woman Happy

Message 7 of 16
Latest reply

@ms_aussie wrote:

I absolutely love your little Christmas booties. Unfortunately stawka is right it is too hot here in Australia for booties at this time of the year.

Perhaps you might like to try making some of those little open baby shoe thingys. Not sure what to call them but they look a little like thongs but are soft with a very open weave. Or perhaps try making some from a cotton yarn rather than wool.

Whatever, I just wish I had a little baby to buy some for. They are so lovely Woman Happy

Unless you live where I do. Air con on Saturday, heater on Sunday and today. I even had the electric blanket on last night!

Message 8 of 16
Latest reply

People just aren't using ebay anymore.

I know people I have spoken to have said, that it's gotten too expensive, and nearly everything is new, so there are few bargains.

Obviously, once ebay added the fees on postage, prices went up so much, and postage is going up so much for items because sellers are using more expensive means to have tracking and signature added.

Its ridiculous when just about everything I look at, the postage is more than the item. Why would any one bother.

Message 9 of 16
Latest reply

precisely !!

there is no sense on earth anywhere where a selling platform charges you fees for your postage.. it all seems to me that such petty measures are taken for the regular second hand sellers where some users place a camera for 10 bucks and add 400 bucks postage, though it rarely happens... i dont understand how policies are set to prevent a 1% occurance and punish massive ebay sellers with millions of dollars in revenues. 

their bigger fiasco was forcing us to offer free postage to listings which caused a much higher increase in overall pricing 

there is no such thing as free postage... everyone adds it to the costs and adjusts the profit margin accordingly. 

what happens is, both the seller and buyer falls in an unfair situation, where if the buyer purchases multiple items, then he pays for postage individually for every one of them. 

apart from that bigger hit came from not offering us marketing choices like offering discounts, or offering bundle discounts, high quantitiy discounts.. nothing.. this is one of the massive gaps that aliexpress filled and i am assuming ebay lost and will be losing massive market shares to that company. (well unless they manage to buy them too.. maybe already did i dont know ๐Ÿ™‚

their best shot would be supporting local sellers rather than Chinese exporters, and promote quality products rather than forcing people to sell rubbish and spam a million listings for a two variation product. 

Message 10 of 16
Latest reply