LOST PARCEL

I posted an item to a buyer on the 7th Oct they still have not received it,I have checked tracking and has been it transit for 2 weeks only has to go from NSW to VIC.I rang AusPost today and was told they would investigate but if it is deemed lost then to bad I should have taken out cover.Needless to say I was not happy they lost it not me why should I be out of pocket,the buyer has been extremely good about it and I have told them will refund,just doesn't seem right AusPost lost it they should be held responsible.Can I recover my money from Paypal?

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

LOST PARCEL

I don't know the answer, but I'm still asking myself why they provide a tracking service if they refuse to try and locate it? What's the point?

Looking forward to hearing the responses from those in the know.

Message 2 of 15
Latest reply

LOST PARCEL

Hey,  Dont believe it for one second, ring aust post with your tracking number and open a lost parcel claim, the claim number goes to the buyer so they can esclate the claim and they will find out what happened, and trhey will end up speaking to the delivery contractor.

MUST BE DONE, IF AU POST HAS LOTS OF LOST PARCELS IN THAT AREA THEY WILL AUDIT THEIR ACTING CONTRACTORS                  Someone is trying to pull one on me at the moment, but he lied about esclating the claim and i have it in aust post email to send to paypal when he next tries to respond and lie, sorry to him he will not get his refund...

THIS ITEM NOT RECIEVED BS HAS TO STOP AND STOP NOW.   GOOD LUCK

Message 3 of 15
Latest reply

LOST PARCEL

I have a claim against me for item not received,I used a tracking number as PayPal only require this as proof of postage? The buyer never even let me know,he just went straight ahead and opened a dispute through PayPal.This is the first time ever that a parcel I have sent hasn't been delivered in 10 years.Aust Post is investigating at the moment,funny but they said why I didn't send it registered post,I said well a tracking service was used so why has it gone missing? no answer to this question yet.The buyer also waited 44 days to file a claim,they should have done this earlier so the parcel might have been found so who knows where it is now,anticipating what the outcome will be.

Message 4 of 15
Latest reply

LOST PARCEL

The seller only starts the claim, the claim then needs to be escalated by the buyer, after he has escalated the claim, you can check with aust post on the outcome, if they couldn't be bothered going further with the claim they will not get their money back, no you don't have to send via registered, unless its standard post[no tracking] and then you don't have to, its only to stop scammers, careful my tried to pull a guilt trip on me to get a refund, after telling me lies about the contractor, Thanks to aust post I have an email saying <Removed> made no contact with Australia post. Funny how all the lies come out in the wash, still waiting for a response back from <Removed> but I think he is to busy eating his boots., arhaha caught him out, Paypal still has hold on my money but I will get it back,

Message 5 of 15
Latest reply

LOST PARCEL

Community Member

I sent a $200 dress to Singapore and Australia Post has lost it. $200 out of pocket now ๐Ÿ˜ž

Message 6 of 15
Latest reply

LOST PARCEL

Who's this <Removed> you keep mentioning? Just me being nosy ๐Ÿ˜›

Message 7 of 15
Latest reply

LOST PARCEL

I WAS HOPING SOMEONE ELSE KNOWS <Removed> HES FROM 4557 QLD <Removed>  ALL IN LOWER CASE 4 ID!. I'M NOT YELLING, ITS LATE, THE LETTERS ARE GETTING SMALLER, SO THERE IS A NEED TO COMPENSATE

Message 8 of 15
Latest reply

LOST PARCEL

I have always found Australia Post very helpful.  

Maybe if you get someone who isn't helpful, ring back and see if you get someone better ๐Ÿ™‚  

I had a lost parcel last year, (parcel post, no tracking).   I got the number of the PO where it should have been delivered from.   They rang me back next day to tell me the parcel was still at their office !!   and would deliver it the next day .... same thing with another, and they suggested the buyer come to the PO and pick it up !!!  I didn't ask questions .... just glad they were found.  

Not to mention the phone call I had from NZ one night .... A/P had put parcel in wrong letter box in Queensland,   house was being rented ... owner lived in NZ.   Renters sent the mail off to owner in NZ.

BUT .... the 3 parcels were actually received by the seller in the end  ๐Ÿ™‚

Happy endings ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 9 of 15
Latest reply

LOST PARCEL

lozyginns, in internet terms, using all capitals is considered shouting, it is very hard to read and in large quantities tends to cause headaches (and it is just plain rude). If you are finding it difficult to read the small text, try holding down the CTRL key and scrolling up on the mouse to make the text on the screen larger, but please stick to sentence case, you may get more people responding to your posts that way.

Cheers,

Penny
Message 10 of 15
Latest reply