Late Delivery Defect -- Ebay refuse to Remove

On our other seller account a late delivery defect has suddenly appeared from back in October 2015.

This was before the new system came into effect.

This account has slipped back to a 12-monthly review cycle due to the slow sales that has hit everyone.

I requested ebay to remove this defect because of this reason and they refused to because it's more than 90-days since the transaction and they cannot review it. Or so they say. Even tho this system was not official at the time.

I have asked for this to be reviewed by a supervisor. Will see what happens next.

Message 1 of 33
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@davewil1964 wrote:

Clarry - they started taking the stats for late delivery in mid-September.

Yes they did on a trial basis but the system was not official until November I thought. Am I wrong there?

We use large letter so it was a byer who claimed late delivery. So no tracking to defend it.

We had not noticed it until now as we had been on a 3-monthly review cycle. Just in the past week or so the account slipped back to a 12-montly review cycle due to very slow sales of late, so the defect suddenly showed up on our dashboard.

Anyway I escalated to a supervisor and they stated that once any defect goes beyond 90-days that they are unable to remove it because their computer system will not alow it to be removed. Even tho he agreed it was recorded the system came into effect. That may be BS of course but seems nothing will be done about it.

Anyway there is a note on our account about it now and if we get another one in future I will ask that the new one be removed to compensate for the one they 'cannot' remove. Will see how that flies!

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 33
Latest reply
32 REPLIES 32

did the customer/buyer complain at the time or did ebay just decide to do it as a favour?

Message 2 of 33
Latest reply

Where do the defects appear?

A buyer in their feedback complained it took 6 days to receive an item so wondering if I got a defect. The item was purchased on Friday evening, posted Monday morning and delivered on Wednesday (all tracked). 

Message 3 of 33
Latest reply

Doesn't count for tracked. If you post within your handling time, you will be right. It is in your seller dashboard.

Message 4 of 33
Latest reply

Ok. Cheers for letting me know.

Message 5 of 33
Latest reply

I should clarify that.

If you have a tracking scan within your handling time, ie a counter lodgement.

Otherwise, if it is delivered later than eBay's fantasy date you will automatically get a defect.

Message 6 of 33
Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote:

Yes they did on a trial basis but the system was not official until November I thought. Am I wrong there?

We use large letter so it was a byer who claimed late delivery. So no tracking to defend it.

We had not noticed it until now as we had been on a 3-monthly review cycle. Just in the past week or so the account slipped back to a 12-montly review cycle due to very slow sales of late, so the defect suddenly showed up on our dashboard.

Anyway I escalated to a supervisor and they stated that once any defect goes beyond 90-days that they are unable to remove it because their computer system will not alow it to be removed. Even tho he agreed it was recorded the system came into effect. That may be BS of course but seems nothing will be done about it.

Anyway there is a note on our account about it now and if we get another one in future I will ask that the new one be removed to compensate for the one they 'cannot' remove. Will see how that flies!

Message 7 of 33
Latest reply

Ouch.

I often drop items in the Australia Post letter box as they pickup after 6pm. I do this to ensure items are sent out quickly and when the post office closes at 5pm.

Separately I've noticed items do not always get tracked in the Australia Post system (but arrive safely). 

The standards are almost impossible to meet especially when you need to rely on other parties.

Message 8 of 33
Latest reply

If you drop tracked items into a red street box you are unlikely to get a lodgement scan event.

Most likely the only scan event you will get will be the delivery event.

This is OK so long as everything works and your items are delivered inside the ebay estimated dates.

The cruncher comes when an item gets lost.

You then have no proof of postage as you will have no scan events at all.

In this case you will definitely lose a buyer INR claim even tho you had tracking.

Also if an item is delivered outside the ebay estimated date you will be awarded a late delivery defect.

Again without that lodgement scan event inside your handling time you have no defence and ebay will not remove the defect.

For these two reasons it is always strongly advisable to lodge over the counter and get that lodgement scan inside your handling time.

Then you are covered against everything, even paypal credit card chargebacks.

Message 9 of 33
Latest reply

I'd have to disagree with that. I mostly post satchels through the red boxes, and 95% get a scan event within 24 hours. I've also never had anything delivered without showing no events. Mostly there is tracking all the way through.

Some of us can't make it to post offices in business hours, and it is the best alternative to posting late.
Message 10 of 33
Latest reply