Lenght of time allowed for Item not recieved

After 55 days on an international sale, A resolution was started to claim a not received item on eBay purcahse from my store. I supplied the trace details to eBay and to the buyer from eparcel trace pack and track services. Also, the buyer was supplied with trace movements from eparcel to his email address. I could see from my end on auspost web site it was clearly marked delivered to the eBay address propagated label. The open resolution expired after 30 more days and I was also issue negative feedback from the seller (item not received). When I complained to eBay case officer, they said they could not see the trace due to the length of time they took to act and for that reason they could not remove the feedback. However, I could supply full documentation and case details from Australian post and France post as to its delivery, that took a lengthy time to obtain. EBay still refuses to help its seller or trust in its sellers. CRAZY. Seems there is a real issue in the length of time eBay allow items not received. Most data held with postage companies are available only between 2 and 3 months until archived. After the information is archived international retrieval of documents can take another 3 months. As a seller, it seems I must spend hours constantly trying to protect my rating against a small group of buyers with a drawn-out process of services from eBay.

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

I do not sell internationally due to problems like this we see all too often.

So far as I understand the time limit for a claim under the ebay MBG is 30-days but I don't know if this applies to international as well.

PayPal have a 180-day time limit.

Someone else may have better information if they are an international seller.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

If the case was closed by EBay then it is likely your seller account will have a transaction defect recorded.  Score a defect rate of more than 0.30% (that's 3 cases per 1,000 trnsactions) in a rolling 3 month period and your seller status is negatively effected

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Thanks your correct, It effects my selling ability due to the gap in the process. Seems there is little that I can do if the issue goes over 3 months, However the process required to investigate can go longer then this. I got confirmation that item was recieved but ebay will not accept it after 3 months but will allow the feedback to stay for 12 months. Seems crazy. Thanks

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Worse I have to also accept the negative feedback even after supplying the confirmation of delivery and signatre due to the process for confirmation taking longer then 3 months. Thanks Naomi

@porcelain_dolls_by_me wrote:

If the case was closed by EBay then it is likely your seller account will have a transaction defect recorded.  Score a defect rate of more than 0.30% (that's 3 cases per 1,000 trnsactions) in a rolling 3 month period and your seller status is negatively effected

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply