Listing says free shipping, invoice asks for shipping fee

I made an offer on a server and it was accepted. The listing said free local pickup and in the invoice I am being asked for a $12 shipping fee. Also, after looking at the seller's website I have found that the seller looks quite dodgy. Is there anyway to cancel my purchase?
Evudence https://imgur.com/gallery/mMGHn
Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Are you picking up? If so, pay cash after inspection.

If not, pay for the postage. Offers explicitly DON'T include shipping.

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

I want to pick it up. I just read the description and it says pickup is not available, even though on the actual eBay listing pickup is an option.
Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

Are we talking acomputer server? The things the size of a fridge that weigh a lot? $12 seems very cheap for postage. You can barely post half a kg with signature for that.
Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

Ask the seller politely to send a revised invoice with pick up instead of postage and mention it had free pick up on the listing page.

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

As others have said, it doesn't say free shipping.

It is Free local pick up.

Ask the seller for the pick up address and pay cash on pick up.

And if the seller wants to be charged the correct fee he should send another invoice with 0.00 in postage then mark it as paid when it's picked up.

image host
Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

The seller has actually sent an invoice for pick-up, and added a $12.00 fee.

At the end of the image, it says "Postage and handling via Local Pickup - $12".

It does look like the listing was being viewed via mobile, though, so the first thing I would double-check would be if there are any charges stated in the listing (preferably on a PC, as the apps are notorious for displaying "free" when there's actually a charge stated. Edited to add: the listing is still active, and it definitely says free local pick-up, so the seller has added the charge post-sale Smiley Frustrated). If there was no cost entered for pick up at all on the listing, I'd presume the seller was charging extra after accepting the lower price, and if they weren't prepared to budge, I probably wouldn't be either, so would request a cancellation. The seller is in control of whether or not an order is cancelled (i.e. you can request one but they can refuse), so if they don't cancel, I'd take the hit on an unpaid item case if they opened one. 

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

Weird, they've actually listed it as Pick-up only, but in the description stated "pick up is not available". o.O 

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply