Listing set to immediate payment required but someone able BIN without payment Grrrr

Hi All

I'm really hoping you can help me with this one. I had a listing for an expensive item. After non paying buyer strung me along I relisted and changed/reset paymnet details to immediate payment required.

This evening a buyer with 0 feedback has hit the BIN and the system let the purchase through without immediate payment.

I have sent an invoice & emailed the Buyer to tell her payment is required to conclude purchase  and when will she be doing this but it defeats the purpose somewhat of changing my settings to immemdiate payment.

I soooo dont want to be strung along again and my gut is telling me this is another hiding to nowhere.

Any help/ advice would be appreciated.Smiley Frustrated

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Listing set to immediate payment required but someone able BIN without payment Grrrr

I don't use it.

The only thing I can think of is maybe if they add it to their cart it doesn't trigger the immediate payment requirement. It wouldn't surprise me, given the quality of the cart.

Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

Yep. That seems to be the answer.

Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

Was it just that one listing you'd set to require immediate payment? I can't see it on any of your current listings, and it doesn't show on the ended item that I looked at (the Chanel bag that sold today), so my best guess is that it didn't apply to the listing(s) for some reason (when immediate payment is active, it will have it noted under the payment methods accepted in the Postage & Payments tab, even when  the listing has ended). 

I couldn't say as to why, though - you have to acceppt PayPal only for it to work, which it looks like you do, and that's the only parameter I'm aware of. 

Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

Yeah this is the first time I have used it Dave but I am over non payers so on this one listing I changed it.

Not that it has done me any good. If I cancel I get a defect. It' s a lose lose as far as I'm concerned.

Spoiler

Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

Thanks Digi.No its only on this one listing I dont know either. I went into the listing to double check I had the right box ticked and it was ticked.

Its also in my terms.

I cant fathom it.

Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

@retailtherapist_8 wrote:

Thanks Digi.No its only on this one listing I dont know either. I went into the listing to double check I had the right box ticked and it was ticked.

Its also in my terms.

I cant fathom it.

The only other thing I can think of is if you had best offer available on that one, and any auto-accept amounts? As I know immediate payment won't kick in if they send through an offer that's then accepted (though, I know you mentioned they did a straight BIN , which is still supposed to require immediate payment even with best offer available), but I can't really think of anything else that might have thwarted it, aside from eBay being eBay, unfortunately. 

Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

Thanks Digi. I am going to call ebay in the morning and see what can be done. This person has only been on ebay for 10 days . I would like to give them the benefit of the doubt as we all started at 0 BUT after the last few weeks of ridiculous offers and non payers I have run out of benevolence. lol

Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote:

I don't use it.

The only thing I can think of is maybe if they add it to their cart it doesn't trigger the immediate payment requirement. It wouldn't surprise me, given the quality of the cart.

If the listing is set up correctly Immediate Payment required works even when items are added to the shopping cart.

With the listing for the bag it is only showing as Paypal preferred - not immediate payment required so it looks like for some reason the listing has not been set up correctly.

Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

I thought when you listed with Immediate payment required that although a buyer has clicked buy it now that the item actually remains available for sale ie another buyer can come along and click the buy it now button, purchase the item and gazump the first clicker?

Are you sure that the item is still not showing in your listings?

atheism is a non prophet organization
Message 10 of 13
Latest reply