Listing template gone???

I just now needed to relist some new stock in my store but I found the template I use normally has disappeared and replaced with a vague "generic" relisting procedure.

I have been on holidays for 3 weeks (re-opened my store ok with current listings showing) so I assume eBay have introduced a new method of listing new items while I was away but if so, I cannot find any info on it within the site (or forums)..........nor can I find find my original selling template for my store

Could anyone shed some light on this......and TIA if I have missed any post discussing this.

BTW..I dont use Turbo and the said selling template is not within my "Manage my store" tools.

Thanks

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Listing template gone???

my partners site has just had this happen,lost all templates ringing ebay to try and get an answer.

will post result

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

Listing template gone???

Just spoke to ebay,this is a new tool and we are all opted in

just bad luck if you have templates

i suggest everybody ring ebay and complain

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

Listing template gone???

OK.....just got off the phone after discussing this new "issue" and was told she will endeavour to install the old template within the next 49 hours as (quote) .."it hasnt fully been removed BUT WILL SOON"... (unquote).

So yeah, as stated by other poster, get onto Help to have it reinstalled/showing  ASAP

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

Listing template gone???

It was advertised as part of the Autumn seller update I think. or maybe even earlier. it was definitely in 'Announcements' more than several months ago, anyway.

if you choose as a seller not to read eBay announcements about changes to selling, that is hardly eBay's fault.

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

Listing template gone???

Why don't you just edit an existing item to remove specific information and then save that as a template. I would never risk relying on ebay to save anything important forever so use Turbo Lister and also have my templates stored on the web, very easy now with loads of free clod storage available.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

Listing template gone???

Is clod storage safer? Given it is grounded rather than up in the air?

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

Listing template gone???

I keep a copy of the HTML version of the description for each type of item I sell in a notepad document and whenever I want to do a new listing I just paste it into the description and then change the relevant bits.  After years of frustration because of code mysteriously being added to listings I find it much easier to do it this way.  I use sell similar but then delete all the old code in the description and start afresh.

I used to keep a template of items I only listed occasionally but it's much easier to keep the description in my own document so that it's not lost, to save me having to rethink the wording next time I need to sell that type of item.

I read ebay announcements but I missed that one because my eyes tend to glaze over when reading some of their stuff, kind of like the "top tips for selling your items".  Smiley Frustrated

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

Listing template gone???

I have just noticed my 'create a listing' page has been altered.

Is this what you mean when you say 'template'?

And if so, do you think if I can them they could change the create the listing page back

to what it was before?

I tried to do live chat but the buy was no help. He just said ebay had upgraded their pages.

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply