MAKE AN OFFER - during the silly season

Never had this happen before...

Customer clicks the Make an Offer button and offers me $2000 for a $3000 listed item.  (I figure the money would come in handy for Xmas so I click the button accepting his new offer and send him the invoice).

He does not pay. He stalls for days then writes he has 'Reserved the right of last refusal and on reflection have decided not to proceed with the purchase".

Followed by this little gem.... "As in this case, and every other case where I've made an offer, the final acceptance is at my discretion".
And his final blow... "Please accept my apologies if this is news to you".

!!!

(it sure is news to me, and to eBay too)

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

One well deserved non payer strike coming up.

Go the non payer dispute and let him have the strike as you have no idea how many others he has pulled this stunt on :(.

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

I know you know this OP, but can't help myself: ...

Best Offer allows you to make an offer for a Buy It Now item, at a price you suggest. Sellers can accept or reject your offer. They can also suggest another price.

If the seller accepts your offer, you must pay for the item.

You should use Best Offer only when you're serious about making a purchase at your Best Offer price. If your offer is accepted by the seller, you and the seller are required to complete the transaction

Non-paying dispute plus BLOCK Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

Definitely open unpaid item case to get the fee back.

You probably know how to but just in case, go to resolve a problem to the right of item in your sold list.

That is one member that needs to read the rules in which he signed up for.

I would even send a message after the case is closed to advise a strike has now been issued on his account due the ebay rules stating -  Then put what curraone has dug up from ebay.

That should fix his little red wagon. Smiley Wink

I now hope you sell it for $3000.

image host
Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

I'd be telling him he's got a legal obligation to pay.

Full stop.

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

Some very strange people out there.
Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

I have put eBay onto him. This is not is first time apparently, but it will certainly be his last 🙂
Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

@zodiac_woman wrote:

Never had this happen before...

Customer clicks the Make an Offer button and offers me $2000 for a $3000 listed item.  (I figure the money would come in handy for Xmas so I click the button accepting his new offer and send him the invoice).

He does not pay. He stalls for days then writes he has 'Reserved the right of last refusal and on reflection have decided not to proceed with the purchase".

Followed by this little gem.... "As in this case, and every other case where I've made an offer, the final acceptance is at my discretion".
And his final blow... "Please accept my apologies if this is news to you".

!!!

(it sure is news to me, and to eBay too)

This guy is so far up himself he has lost the plot.

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

I would still open and close a no payment dispute because often eBay are just full of hot air. What they say they're going to do and what they actually do, are often 2 entirely different things.

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply