Make second income

Hey just  wondering if anyone has had any experince with makesecondincome.com.au? They're an ebay training and marketing company based on the gold coast. I was thinking about doing one of their courses but I can't seem to find any information or reviews about them online. Just wondering if anyone knows if they're any good or has had any success doing their course?

Message 1 of 19
Latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Make second income

As the knowledge required to sell on eBay takes about 3 minutes to find on the boards, and you have found the boards, I would not pay any money to anybody to acquire it.

Not to even go into the fact that eBay move the goalposts at least every 6 months.

Trial and error, and reading the boards, should be far more fruitful than paying money to people who, if they are so successful, shouldn't have time left from selling to train others.

Unless they are running a pyramid scam.

Your choice.

Message 2 of 19
Latest reply

Make second income

You can probably get just as much from reading the eBay help pages.

Add to that the advice other members give here and experience is always your best teacher.

I am yet to see a course that gives away their best secrets, no they keep that for themselves.

I see you already have a store so this is for others reading here thinking of the same.

List a few items you have at home you don't need and then perhaps consider what products are not well represented on eBay. Smiley Wink

But eBay has slowed and I wouldn't invest a lot before taking baby steps.

image host
Message 3 of 19
Latest reply

Make second income

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

I would be very careful...........

They have only had a registered Business Name of 6 months.

They are on Facebook where they are trying to teach people to sell on Amazon.  To me this indicates you will only get very general advice on online selling, not ebay in particular.

They do not give out their names...what have they got to hide?

And in their FAQs they say you don't need to outlay any money to buy stock or keep any stock cluttering up your home.   In other words, they are going to recommend that you dropship.

Most of the boardies would say that dropshipping is a very dangerous game to play.

Message 4 of 19
Latest reply

Make second income

I agree with the others, save your money. I can imagine it wouldn't be a cheap course and as also mentioned, you'll learn far more here and all for free! There is a wealth of knowledge on these forums from some very experienced sellers that sell through multiple categories. The regular members are always willing to help out and while sometimes the threads can go off topic, you will nearly always get an answer to your question relatively quickly. There is nearly always someone lurking around.

I was surprised how little I knew before coming here. I still wouldn't know most of it without coming here. I have been selling for many years now, but am still always learning something from others. The other good thing about being here is, you're kept up to date with changes and there can be quite a number of them each year. Doing one of these paid courses isn't going to keep you updated with changes.

Now to veer off topic slightly, you seem to be doing OK with your listings. You have a bit of variety which is good because then you can see which are the better sellers and eventually concentrate more on those. I changed lines several times before deciding on my current one. I started with a mix of things and saw which sold best. You have already sold quite a few things which is good. People know you're there. Your stars are a good reflection that your buyers are happy. Happy buyers return! Happy buyers also tell their friends! You've also got things that people want, rather then need and I think sometimes that makes a difference. People are happy to part with things they want and can be more reluctant with things they need.

My only suggestions at this stage is, watch your price on some things. You've got free postage on everything and there are a couple of items where once postage is factored in, you'll barely break even once ebay and PayPal take their fees. Although having a few cheaper items like that with free postage can get people into your store. I'd also suggest extending your handling time, which will lose you the premium badge. The only reason I suggest that is the postage defects. If your parcels arrive outside the estimate, eBay will defect you and it's a pain to get them removed. The few items that you have that will be posted via untracked large letter are at the mercy of buyers.

If a parcel arrives late and you can prove you posted within your handling time (with a tracking number), eBay should remove a defect if you call them. Untracked items you can't prove you have posted within your handling time, so if the buyer ticks no when they leave feedback, the defect can't be removed. Once you get a few defects, eBay gets upset. Even if you only extend your handling time on the items that will go untracked, that will give you a bit of extra protection. That extends the delivery estimate, so it's more likely to arrive within the estimate.

Keep up with good work with your listings, and welcome to the forum!

Message 5 of 19
Latest reply

Make second income

tippy, they'll make a big loss on their shaving brush if it sells for $5 with free postage!  

Message 6 of 19
Latest reply

Make second income

WARNING www.makesecondincome.com.au - currently trading as Make Second Income in QLD is a SCAM.

They start up under a new business name every 6 months or so when the police and ASIC catches up with them or when they are exposed online.

Make Second Income is the latest name in a long list.

They have a long history of selling products that they do not own and NEVER deliver, typically they choose digital items such as eBay courses, Amazon courses and now seem to now have progressed to offering fake websites for sale.

They initially copied a company called easyhomebusiness.com.au, copied their exact website word for word, and said they were selling their eBay courses.  In reality they were taking people's money and delivering nothing in return.  They are nothing more than rip off merchants and scam artists.

Previously they setup a website called ProfitOnlineBiz.com.  This is where they impersonated Easy Home Business and ripped off many customers for thousands of dollars.  There are SCAM reports about this guy and his many fake businesses all over the internet.  eg:  http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Profit-Online-Biz-Pty-Ltd/nationwide/Profit-Online-Biz-Pty-Ltd-owned-b...

There businesses are always in QLD either located on the Gold Coast or Logan.

He also uses multiple names and many personal aliases.  This also explains no name or information on their latest scam website - makesecondincome.com.au  .  This website will also disappear soon once they have ripped off as many unsuspecting people as they can.

Do your home work people, this guy is good at what he does and that certainly isn't delivering ebay courses or websites.

The website looks like it has something to hide for GOOD REASON.

Message 7 of 19
Latest reply

Make second income

No need to tell the members here to do their homework.....we already have and have warned the OP to be very careful.

Long time members can smell a sacm a mile away.

Message 8 of 19
Latest reply

Make second income

Shame said posters did not more explicitly warn the OP about this SCAM

Message 9 of 19
Latest reply

Make second income

@kopenhagen5 wrote:

You can probably get just as much from reading the eBay help pages.

Sorry but truly kopes the eBay help pages are hopelessly linked to others that send you in circles AND mostly focus on eBays everchanging rules and policies (with some out-of-date OR missing all together) , rather than useful advice related to making a second income via eBay in Oz.

Message 10 of 19
Latest reply