My 3 Free Auto Relists Are Coming Off My Free Listing

I recently accepted 150 free listings, this was the second lot in 2 months (lucky me) they started on weekend just gone (22/4 - 1/5) but I did not go on over weekend to list anything, had planned to do it during week nights, but come Monday I find that 22 of my free auto relists had come off my free listings.  I spoke to eBay chat on Monday and got told it was a computer gliche, several sellers complained and it was being fixed, my free listings would be reinstated.

Wednesday I find nothing has changed, so chat again to eBay, this time I was told I am no longer eligable for auto relists as I sell more than 12k a year, which is laughable as I would be lucky to sell $300 - $500 of my own clothing in that time.  I tried to explain that I am not a business, but someone who sells her own items and does not sell that much sometimes I don't even use the 40 free in a month if I have not had a cupboard cleanout, but when 150 free are offered I make the effort.

I told the chat person what I was told Monday and that I would sort it out myself, as obvioulsy ebay staff do not communicate to each other, I then got eBay to call me back.

Supervisor was lovely, she confirmed a computer gliche but instead of getting back my free listings, I would be credited in May for list fees, in the end I lose the free auto relists, as they are coming off my free listings.  It has somehow worked in eBays favour, just a warning to check your auto relists and any free lists.  

I appreciate the free listings, but with eBay fees getting higher and higher, it is nice to get something extra for free, but somehow they still manage to get their money.       

Message 1 of 23
Latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

joz15au
Community Member

I feel your pain.  I lost my free auto relists altogether, on both my ids, despite selling between $4-5 K per annum on both ids combined, so nowhere near $12K, also all my own stuff.   I didn't even bother ringing ebay, as I knew they would find some reason and couldn't be bothered arguing about it.  I have now opened a store on my other id and will give it a few months to see how it goes.  I have a feeling this is just what they wanted lol, maybe they are wanting to weed out the small sellers without actually coming out and saying so.  Now that I have 600 free listings a month I feel compelled to try and use them up!   Once I sell all of my own stuff (if ever) I would have to then become a business if I want to keep selling on eBay.

Message 2 of 23
Latest reply

It is frustrating, especially if you are told different stories by ebay staff.

I relisted an item yesterday just to check and the 3 free auto box was ticked, so not sure what they are doing.  

Just annoying as the 150 free listings don't come around that often, and I checked on listings that are ending in a day or two by revising and saving (didn't change anything) and the auto relist box was ticked, I usually use my 40 free a month to just relist what hasn't sold.

If they didn't want them to be used by a casual seller, they shouldn't offer in the first place.   

Message 3 of 23
Latest reply

Yes, sadly there seems to be a lot of contradictions coming out of eBay.  They seem to be moving towards just having BINs rather than auctions, yet when something doesn't sell I get a message saying something to the effect that I should relist as an auction as this type of item sells better in auction format.   I wasn't even getting the box to tick for three free relists, on either id.  It just disappeared, but I didn't bother ringing because as you say, you get a different story from different staff members and it often seems to contradict the information made available on the site.  I think maybe the small sellers get the free listing offers so that they will become used to having a lot of items listed, then when the offers disappear they will then have to subscribe to a store if they want to keep a lot of current listings, which is what I have done.  It will be interesting to see if I end up selling any more though.

Message 4 of 23
Latest reply

pnc75
Community Member

They always come off when you're using the 150, as opposed to the monthly 40 where it doesn't happen.

The only way to avoid it is to remove the automatic relists off items you have ending soon and then relist them. Not ideal, but at least it will lengthen the longevity of the listings.

Message 5 of 23
Latest reply

Last month had the 150 and none of my items relisting during promo were deducted from 150 freebies. This month again given 150 and every item relising has deducted from that - I have lost 90 freebies. No consistency from one month to the next. They are not free listings if you don't actually receive them to use.
Message 6 of 23
Latest reply

You must have been lucky.

The overwhelming consensus is that ALL relists come off the total when 2664 is used.

That, last month and this (the first times I've ever got it) has been my experience.

Last month I had few relists; this month, as it was 30 days later, many. But not 150.

Something for nothing, so I no complain.

Message 7 of 23
Latest reply

These are not relists, they are my 3 free auto relists, the little box that is ticked when you list an item, you get 3 free auto relists if is doesn't sell.  They are coming off my free listings, and eBay said they would fix, but just had 5 more come off my free listings.  

Message 8 of 23
Latest reply

Apparently eBay say it is a computer gliche, I have spoken to a supervisor and it is happening to a few sellers, but they haven't fixed it so in reality the 150 free lisintgs are not free, they are being used up on the auto relistings, so if you have 150 auto relists for items that didn't sell, which should not be charged for as it is offered when listing an item for first time, they are being taken off any free listings you have. 

Message 9 of 23
Latest reply

• Automatically relist this item up to 3 times if it doesn't sell - it's free to relist. Final value fees apply.

This is what is at the bottom of my new listings (first time listed) 27 of them just auto relisted, with more ending this morning, these are what are coming off my 150 free listings.

Message 10 of 23
Latest reply