My 3 Free Auto Relists Are Coming Off My Free Listing

I recently accepted 150 free listings, this was the second lot in 2 months (lucky me) they started on weekend just gone (22/4 - 1/5) but I did not go on over weekend to list anything, had planned to do it during week nights, but come Monday I find that 22 of my free auto relists had come off my free listings.  I spoke to eBay chat on Monday and got told it was a computer gliche, several sellers complained and it was being fixed, my free listings would be reinstated.

Wednesday I find nothing has changed, so chat again to eBay, this time I was told I am no longer eligable for auto relists as I sell more than 12k a year, which is laughable as I would be lucky to sell $300 - $500 of my own clothing in that time.  I tried to explain that I am not a business, but someone who sells her own items and does not sell that much sometimes I don't even use the 40 free in a month if I have not had a cupboard cleanout, but when 150 free are offered I make the effort.

I told the chat person what I was told Monday and that I would sort it out myself, as obvioulsy ebay staff do not communicate to each other, I then got eBay to call me back.

Supervisor was lovely, she confirmed a computer gliche but instead of getting back my free listings, I would be credited in May for list fees, in the end I lose the free auto relists, as they are coming off my free listings.  It has somehow worked in eBays favour, just a warning to check your auto relists and any free lists.  

I appreciate the free listings, but with eBay fees getting higher and higher, it is nice to get something extra for free, but somehow they still manage to get their money.       

Message 1 of 23
Latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

It's not a glitch and they are not fixing it. It has been a normal part of the 2664 promotion since it started several years ago. The ones here that get it every month will testify to that.

Message 11 of 23
Latest reply

Ok, so the chat person, the supervisor and the customer service on FB page I spoke to, who all told me eBay are working on fixing it, and to keep a record of the items that auto relisted so I can obtain a credit for insertion fees are making it up.  This is the first time I have ever experienced it, after selling for 11 years.  On checking my history, the 150 free listings last month were also 2664 promotion, but my items relisted automatically without losing any free listings.      

Message 12 of 23
Latest reply

Spot on tippy.

Message 13 of 23
Latest reply

Did you have any end and relist during the 150 promo time? If so, how thoroughly did you check? It's easy to miss a couple here and there. 

If you've been getting the free 150 for years and they've never come off your auto relists, you are very, very lucky.

Btw 'it's a glitch' is a common answer for ebay for a whole myriad of problems. It may well be a glitch, but it's been glitching for a couple of years now, so don't hold my breath that it'll ever be fixed. 

Message 14 of 23
Latest reply

I check the box is ticked every time I list a new item, these are all new items auto relisting for the first time.

This is email directly from eBay:

Hello,

Thank you for contacting eBay about the 150 free listings. I understand you are concerned as the items you have was auto-relisted and it has taken out from your free listings.

I apologise for the inconvenience this has caused you. This has been reported to our Technical Team for further investigation because when an item will be auto-relisted it will not use up your free listings. You don't have to worry, I suggest to use up the remaining free listings and if you go beyond the free listings and incur insertion fees then that's the time we will process a credit.

I hope this information is helpful to you.  Thank you for choosing eBay.

Kind Regards,

Elise C.

eBay Customer Service

Message 15 of 23
Latest reply

You've misunderstood. I wasn't referring to having the box ticked; I was swondering whether you had 'lost' some of the 150s previously without noticing. easy to do.

You can decide for yourself, but I wouldn't be listing any that I had to pay for in the hope of getting a re-imbursement. Too time consuming and I really don't trust what we're told sometimes, especially in automated responses.

However, good luck and lucky you for being the one that hasn't had it happen before.

Message 16 of 23
Latest reply

The offer started on 22/4/17, I have not listed anything new since promotion started as I was going to do it on weekend, but my free listings had gone from 150 to 79, all the items I had listed 10 or so days ago have auto relisted and come off free listings.  

Message 17 of 23
Latest reply

I don't see a previous comment from you, so not sure what I have misunderstood.

Message 18 of 23
Latest reply

Yes, I understand that. That's what's been happening to all of us since the 150 freebies first started. If it hasn't happened to you previously, then you're the lucky one.

Message 19 of 23
Latest reply

This has happened in the last 1/2 hour, I not listed one new item since promotion started, how is this far. So they give with one hand and take with the other.  And yes I have NEVER had this happen before, lucky or not does not make this right.  At this rate I may as well have not taken up offer at all.

List up to 150 items free!
Auction and Fixed Price! Limited time only
Available at ebay.com.au
22/04/17 00:00:00 AEST
01/05/17 23:59:59 AEST
Active

Message 20 of 23
Latest reply