My Over-dependency on Free Listings

I'm not a "store owner" but thanks to regular "free listings" and the ability to "re-list up to 3 times" by the end of August my "items for sale" were in access of 250 listings and sales were better than ever. 

At the beginning of September I had an issue with PayPal which left me with no choice but to "end" all my listings. Naturally of course the PayPal issue was fixed the very next day. 😞

I had to start again from scratch with my September allotment of 40 free listings. Now I find myself checking the boards on a daily basis chasing those FREE LISTINGS just to get things back to my new normal. 

Unfortunately I've become a "free listing junkie" waiting for the next hit. 😄

Message 1 of 24
Latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

Everyone is in it for the freebies Woman Surprised

Message 2 of 24
Latest reply

Good Day,

New here in the boards as well.

I too am still feeding off the free listings as a new seller.

Being a new seller, most of my sale comes from auctions. If only they allowed free Auction listing on the Basic store Package, I would've went for it straight away.

If you make more than $1000 a month on BIN/Fixed Fee listing though, a store would be more suited.

Message 3 of 24
Latest reply

This has been the new fashion for eBay. Instead of giving people tons of free listing promos every month, they gave non-stores 30 day BIN and Good 'Til Cancelled listings.

Of course, if most of your items sell within a week or two, there goes the 40 and you'll have to sit out for a month or cough up $1.50 every time, and the "monthly" 100 freebies have been a thing of the past ever since the 30-day/GTC options came in. The last free-for-all listing bonus was for 1000 items a couple of months ago.
Message 4 of 24
Latest reply

No way would I have ended the listings, I would have used bulk edit to extend the handling time to 7 days which I would prersume would give time for most Paypal problems to be resolved,

Until there are more free listings available why not open another id and get another 40 to be going on with.

While I use the free listings I do not rely on them for my auction listings, I have 3 different non store selling ids so always have the option to list 120 each month.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 5 of 24
Latest reply

$20 a month for a store. Gives you 400 included listings and extras for media are 5c. You can end the store subscription at any time, so it could be feasible to only buy the store for a month until you get your listings back up.

I have 1500 listings and I still get the 3 free relists, so that shouldn't be an issue. And I save all those 5cs at the moment with the 400.

Message 6 of 24
Latest reply

You did the right thing, I would have done the same, as sounds like a customer would not have been able to pay.
I am also waiting on the freebies to relist over 500 items on 2 IDs, as I took them all off while on holiday, home tomorrow.
I haven't had any freebies this month, so hoping they will be this week or next week,as I seem to get them every month. Touch wood. I also use the 30 day 3 free relists. Tried the store, didn't sell enough.
Message 7 of 24
Latest reply

No way would I have ended the listings

Unfortunately PJ I had no idea how long it was going to take Paypal to sort things out and I was unable to do refunds as there was a stop on outgoing PayPal payments. 😞 

Message 8 of 24
Latest reply

$20 a month for a store. Gives you 400 included listings and extras for media are 5c. You can end the store subscription at any time, so it could be feasible to only buy the store for a month until you get your listings back up.

I have 1500 listings and I still get the 3 free relists, so that shouldn't be an issue. And I save all those 5cs at the moment with the 400.

Hmmm. I might have to look into that. Cheers for the info. 

Message 9 of 24
Latest reply

Stores also get free auction listings in the collectables category which covers a lot of goods.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 10 of 24
Latest reply