My feedback score should be better than it currently is. Why is this so ? I was not at fault.

Why is my feedback score not 100% when in fact I have not been at fault ?   One bidder did not pay for their item.     Thank you....coinsr_doug

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

My feedback score should be better than it currently is. Why is this so ? I was not at fault.

Ebays answer...if they ever bother to answer you is this:

Your feedback score is reduced because you did not get money from the buyer to make us money...very bad...we take ratings away from you....sell more and make us FEES...or we restrict your acc etc etc etc.

BTW any thing is possible with FEE BAY!

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

Because buyer left you a neg, You should have dealt with it back them by opening a non payment dispute and buyer would not have been able to leave a stupid neg like they have.

You could try ringing ebay (Go to customer support link at top of page) and ask them to remove it but don't hold your breath. As you have not been active on your account I doubt it matters and besides in 3 months that neg will drop off as it will have been 12 months and you'll be back to 100%

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

Hi,

I sympathise.

Sellers are absolutely at the mercy of buyers, these days, ever since ebay took away the right of sellers to leave anything but pos. feedback, some years ago

The joke (a BLACK one !!) is that that right was removed, ebay claimed, because buyers were receiving unwarranted retaliatory negative feedback from sellers and all ebay achieved was to 'turn the tables' - now sellers have to jump through hoops and ascede to whatever unreasonable and ridiculous demands buyers of their items make on them for fear of retaliatory feedback from buyers !!!

Ebay doesn't care about that. though, just like, despite all their pretty 'ebayspeak', they don't really care about the welfare of sellers in most areas !!!

They see us as their 'lackies' and we never receive any positive affirmation for our efforts, just a crack of the whip and 'punishment' when they regard us as not towing the line.

We are their 'bread and butter' but they arrogantly believe that it doesn't matter what anti-seller policies they put in place, we sellers will hack it and just keep going. They could be right. Despite calls by other sellers on various threads for sellers to boycott ebay we all know ebay can afford to ignore this confident in the knowledge that their seller base is vast enough for this not to have an impact, even if a proportion of sellers leave. SO they see no reason to treat us any better than they do !!

They make it harder and harder for sellers to achieve a good feedback score, percentage and rating. They have now removed ( in the new Seller Performance Standards to come into effect in Aug) 'Communication' as one of the DSR criteria and when I asked about this, they said that Communication was too 'subjective' to be a useful or reliable criterion for rating sellers. Message communication they say is open to misinterpretation.

My view is that this is a mistake. Surely, a seller's responsiveness to their customers is one of the most important aspects of a transaction. They have thrown the baby out with the bathwater there !

Though I have 100% Feedback percentage, my DSRs (come Aug) will drag me down from Top-rated to Above Standard because now Neutral and Neg feedback will not only affect the percentage but also the rating as they will now be classed as a 'defect'.

Apparently, sellers are now 'defective'. That says a lot about how ebay thinks for its sellers !!!!

Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

Welcome to ebay!!!! According to their policy, feedback is to rate your trading partner, this is far from the case....Ebay (according to them) do not know who is telling the truth so they do nothing and believe the buyer and any BS feedback that is left.

Does anyone know how hard it is to get a court order, or the process to get one to remove feedback? Although it seems pointless as the neg has already filtered trhough the system.

You should leave the buyer a followup feedback that they will like to look at for 12 months. Outside of the feedback removal policy of course.

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

I'm wondering how they could've left negative feedback if they didn't bid on the item as they say in said negative feedback?
I'm about to get probably 6 negatives from a buyer (revenge/sabotage feedback), so I feel your pain as there is not a **bleep** thing we can do about it, apart from wait the 12 months for it to drop off.
Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

well, if the buyer didn't bid on the item, then how could they have left feedback? I reckon if you do ring eBay that you wioll have a great chance of getting that removed, surely?

I wouldn't worry too much about that one though, it doesn't show you in a bad light at all, just shows you had a numpty buyer who tells porkies.

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

@ilovemychooks wrote:
I'm wondering how they could've left negative feedback if they didn't bid on the item as they say in said negative feedback?
I'm about to get probably 6 negatives from a buyer (revenge/sabotage feedback), so I feel your pain as there is not a **bleep** thing we can do about it, apart from wait the 12 months for it to drop off.

Yes there is, if you have saved your communications through eBay messages and can prove it,

Call eBay now and fill them in and make notes.

I recently encountered such a problem (My Chinese Light Seller for those who know that story), who gave me all sorts of grief, including offering me money to leave positive feedback, sending me a partial refund but then fraudulently trying to reclaim it back through an INR claim in PayPal (he said the money was payment for a purchase?) Then offered me more money to close my PayPal dispute (before it was even a claim) and on and on it went

He then bought something off me and told me if I left him a neg, he would leave me one.....

This went on for about 3 weeks, every day some different trick this tosser tried (it was a $300 purchase, so definitely worth me pursuing)

I kept eBay and PayPal informed the whole way, and every move this guy made, they blocked, and did remove his dodgy feedback for me etc

Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

When I sent him the item he bought from me (he tried tricks there too, saying don't send as he was on holidays etc) he refused delivery and did RTS, then opened a claim against me for INR (PayPal found in my favour (eventually - long story with a few tantrums) and then left me a neg for refusing to send the item

i know people say that eBay and PayPal don't do much to help, but they were brilliant for me with this episode from both a buyer and a seller perspoective.

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

Yes, but you follow the correct procedures. Which I don't think include noticing, much less querying, a negative almost 10 months later.

Message 10 of 12
Latest reply