My first time has gone so wrong.

First-time user gone so wrong rings went to auction have no idea I wouldn't reach the price I was hoping for not sure how to put out from the sale of a $300 ring for $57 

Message 1 of 80
Latest reply
79 REPLIES 79

Oh Wow...the 2nd ring sold for $36

More pain for the OP

Message 11 of 80
Latest reply

If you have more rings for sale, please follow all the advice given in the replies.

Look at auctions and BINs (Buy It Now) for similar items, as a starting point on price and listing details.

Use a title that will be self-explanatory, but detailed e.g. 18ct white gold ring size K diamond

(so describe it simply but enough to get key words in and be accurate)

Which means, more potential bidders will look at the ring. Just "ring" could mean anything...

You should know, whether it is plated, solid (and what ct) rolled, filled, or electroplated, and what these terms mean.

What the stones are, if any.

The ring size. A good thing here is to place the ring on a ruler to photograph the inner/outer mm. That gives a comparison for people to check against one of their rings that fit. Then from doing that, you can find the nearest size letter (there are ring size guides on the net).

I look at a lot of rings, and just "ring"...I would not look at unless the picture was stunning.

Your best bet here is to apologise and request from the buyer, a cancellation of the first sale. 

Sales are meant to be honoured...but here I can understand your being upset if it was worth 300$

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 12 of 80
Latest reply

why has no-one in this thread stated you are to honour the sale.?

Message 14 of 80
Latest reply

Because they feel sorry for a new seller who has obviously got no idea about selling.

Message 15 of 80
Latest reply

maybe because most of us want her to be treated with some dignity. i'm pretty sure she didnt come to ebay thinking she would lose 2 rings worth a lot more than the $90 odd dollers she ends up with.

she seems to have been naive, not exactly a hanging offence.

i really hope she wasnt depending on the sales of the rings to pay a bill.

true she hasnt got a leg to stand on over the sales and the buyers have every right to demand the rings.

doesnt stop some of us saying if we were the buyers we'd give her a break.

i'm not religeous but i do belive in do unto others. isnt there enough i'm ok jack bugga you in the world today?

Message 16 of 80
Latest reply

@bsal6160 wrote:

why has no-one in this thread stated you are to honour the sale.?

You can't force a seller to sell to you.

Morally she should honour the sale,  but would be totally stupid to do it.

I'd do what Tippy said.  Cancel both, wear the negs, and start a new id

- but first studying how to list and sell in the future

Message 17 of 80
Latest reply

so by the same logic then you cant force a buyer to pay? this is not on either. so why not honour the sale? two wrongs dont make a right.

Message 18 of 80
Latest reply

But three lefts do  (when driving)

And how do you make a buyer pay?   I'd like to know the answer to that one

Message 19 of 80
Latest reply

Most replies have been sympathetic to a new seller.

If you look at my reply, I say sales are meant to be honoured and the seller's best bet, is to request a cancellation from the buyer with an apology.

Not, to just cancel it. Without asking.

I believe that to be fair to both parties.

As said in this thread, noone can be forced to sell or pay.

The obligation is to do so...but if, I as the buyer were politely asked to cancel, under the circumstances, there's a good chance I'd show some sympathy and let the sale be cancelled.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 20 of 80
Latest reply