NEGATIVE feedback option for time wasting non paying bidders to be exposed?

It is high time that ebay reintroduce feedback options for SELLERS, other than positive - so that time wasting NON PAYING BIDDERS can be exposed!!   Any other sellers agree?....

Message 1 of 83
Latest reply
82 REPLIES 82

no, not me.

use the non payer dispute process, ebay issue th strike, you get your fvf back and move on...

issuing a neg may make you feel ok for a few minutes, but serves no real purpose to other sellers

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 2 of 83
Latest reply

Definitely not, all that happened in the bad old days when sellers could leave negs for non payers was that the buyers handed out a retaliatory neg and carp sellers could blackmail naive buyers who thought a neg on a buyer account meant anything into agreeing to a mutual withdrawal after leaving a neg in retaliation.

It is much better now that once an unpaid item dispute is closed neither party can leave feedback and sellers have the ability to block members with more than one strike from bidding or buying.

I for one have better things to do than go and check the feedback of every bidder on my auctions to see if they might have a neg feedback that may or may not be justified and there would be no way I could stop a buyer with a hundred negs using BIN on my other selling ids.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 3 of 83
Latest reply

@gsd76_2008 wrote:

It is high time that ebay reintroduce feedback options for SELLERS, other than positive - so that time wasting NON PAYING BIDDERS can be exposed!!   Any other sellers agree?....

Yes I think it would be a far more transparent trading enviornment if more visible indictions of non payment were available on an IDs feedback change.

I don't think a return to sellers leaving negatives for buyers is something that worked well in the past, as it can be used in a retalitory way if a buyer leaves less than positive feedback for a seller.

However, I think a count of non payment strikes received should show, next to bid restraction tally, and that an automated standardised feedback entry - ie Non Payment Strike Issued should appear for that transaction.  

Some of these non-paying pests may start to think a little more carefully before bidding and buying if their non-payment track record was visible to others. 

Message 4 of 83
Latest reply

@gsd76_2008 wrote:

Nope. Wouldn't help me at all - all my items are BIN.

Whereas the strike system DOES work.

Message 5 of 83
Latest reply

tstore
Community Member

Everyday ... another thread about the same thing. Wish mods would combine all into one rather than having a sea of the same threads

Message 6 of 83
Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote:

@gsd76_2008 wrote:

The strike system does not work.  I have my blocks in place, and have way too many non paying pests over the past 12 months, at one point up to nearly 10% of my sales over 3 months on this ID.   Many of the non payers I get are repeat offenders, and based on my blocked bidder log, I have a greater proportion of non payers getting through my blocks than those actually blocked, approx 2 to 1. .

The hidden strike system and inability to leave anything but a postive rating  is a cop out by ebay.  The flimsy grounds on which non payment strikes can be removed is also a real worry.  The current system is incongruent with a safe and fair trading place for buyers and sellers. 

The current system It is entirely contingent on individual sellers opening an closing cases, and based on previous threads one can imagine that the proportion of sellers that use it is simply not effective enough to make a dint in the non-payment problem, as there is a proportion of sellers not familar and/or confident with how the system works or others who fear opening a  non-payment disputes in case it results in negative feedback or dinged DSRs.

Message 7 of 83
Latest reply

@tstore wrote:

Everyday ... another thread about the same thing. Wish mods would combine all into one rather than having a sea of the same threads

I agree that ongoing threads would be preferable on some topics such as this, however it is unlikely as far too often when posters comment on older threads they come under attack for bumping dead threads and directed by a few regulars to start a new thread.  

Message 8 of 83
Latest reply

@thecatspjs wrote:

@davewil1964 wrote:

@gsd76_2008 wrote:

The strike system does not work.  I have my blocks in place, and have way too many non paying pests over the past 12 months, at one point up to nearly 10% of my sales over 3 months on this ID.   Many of the non payers I get are repeat offenders, and based on my blocked bidder log, I have a greater proportion of non payers getting through my blocks than those actually blocked, approx 2 to 1. .

The hidden strike system and inability to leave anything but a postive rating  is a cop out by ebay.  The flimsy grounds on which non payment strikes can be removed is also a real worry.  The current system is incongruent with a safe and fair trading place for buyers and sellers. 

The current system It is entirely contingent on individual sellers opening an closing cases, and based on previous threads one can imagine that the proportion of sellers that use it is simply not effective enough to make a dint in the non-payment problem, as there is a proportion of sellers not familar and/or confident with how the system works or others who fear opening a  non-payment disputes in case it results in negative feedback or dinged DSRs.

Works for me. I have had 2 NPBs this year.

eBay has automatically blocked about 8.

Do you REALLY believe serial pests would not open new accounts when they got negatives? Really? Like they probably do now when they accumulate enough strikes that eBay won't remove.

others who fear opening a  non-payment disputes in case it results in negative feedback or dinged DSRs.

I don't believe eBay should be protecting sellers who don't bother to read the rules. Especially the ones about how a closed NPB case can and will (if the seller asks) result in any feedback being deleted. You know, the ones they tick the box to say they have read when they sign up? The sort of numpty sellers who would leave retaliatory negatives for perceived slights? Or threaten to, in order to get a positive revision from the buyer? The reason why sellers can't leave negative feedback any more?

Message 9 of 83
Latest reply

@thecatspjs wrote:

I do realise Davewil that you do not seem to give two hoots about any other seller aside from yourself on ebay that has an issue with non payers  - my issue is that a problem exists - it is real for my business and it has a negative impact on my stock availability and $$ lost for auction items. I am one of many sellers that has this problem.

If you do not have a problem with non payers, then great.  But thats not the case for me.

Naysay away, with the strike system works manifesto .. lol. 

Yet you seem to feel that YOUR experience is more relevant than mine.

I posit that mine is probably typical, given most members don't even know the boards exist and would only visit when they have an issue.

Message 10 of 83
Latest reply