Need Help from the Ebay BRAINS TRUST!!

Could someone help please! I'm selling a set of 2 Vintage/ Retro chairs & a marble-topped table. Local pick-up only. I want the buyer to come look at it 1st to see if they like it's condition, etc BEFORE they buy it! As I've had questions (& offers) about buying just the chairs seperately- Ive now created a New listing just for the chairs. Is there anyway I can keep both listings on & say "only pay after you've come & looked at them" because if I leave the listings like this there's the possibility of someone clicking on & buying both (TROUBLE -as I only have 1 of course!) Is there a way I can stop someone clicking the buy button! Is there a better way of selling these?

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The way im understanding this is that you have chairs on one listing and a marble table and chairs on another listing?
If you want two listings make the items seperate, so that one listing has the chair and another listing has the table.
Yes you can put in your add that inspection before payment is recommended, but buyers can still pay for it without having to look at it due to paypal must be a payment method.
No you can not stop anyone from pressing buy it now (unless the buyers id is on your blocked buyer list)
*we may be human, but we are still animals*

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

The way im understanding this is that you have chairs on one listing and a marble table and chairs on another listing?
If you want two listings make the items seperate, so that one listing has the chair and another listing has the table.
Yes you can put in your add that inspection before payment is recommended, but buyers can still pay for it without having to look at it due to paypal must be a payment method.
No you can not stop anyone from pressing buy it now (unless the buyers id is on your blocked buyer list)
*we may be human, but we are still animals*
Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

OK - yes I better do that!! It's just that I wanted to get sell them together (easier!) But it'll be safer to seperate the listings ! So thanks Bakeandfry. Surprising how many people seem to want retro cane furniture!! Cant believe the numbers of watchers on other peoples cane chairs (& the prices they go for! wish I had more to sell)

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

If you list items as pickup only the buyer has the chance to reject the items without paying as there is no protection for pickup items.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Yes That would be fine tho! As I want to make sure they are happy with them as its hard to define furniture condition to someone who hasn't seen the flaws.... So I only want someone to buy them after they've come to see them!
Message 5 of 5
Latest reply