Need some help on held funds.

Being new to the boards, and only having set up my account on the 6th of this month, l have been lucky enough to have some sales.

l have read and tried to follow as best that l can, this new rule about the 21 day hold.

Whilst taking into account the seller and buyer situation or sides to this new decision, my payments are all on hold, l have to spend money outside of my due payment to send items off and extra postal costs etc, etc.

My other ebay account has over 10 years of good feedback, no red or grey dots, all great results, when ebay/PayPal advised me  to link it up to my original id. the lady said that l can receive payments through that old email address.  Bit ????able,  today PayPal tells me the CS person was wrong in telling me that, and l will not get my funds any sooner, all my items were sent with Aust. Post Tracking, customers have left great feedback for my new selling account.  A great start. 

Where do l stand please ?  l feel l am being looked at as being a "risk", which l am not.  So 10 years of good bay f/b means zilch !!

What can l do about getting my funds realeased earlier, calling ebay and PayPal fell on "deaf ears."  Any help grateful.

Message 1 of 20
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I recommend that you lodge a formal complaint with the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS ). We were in a similar position and they released our funds within 48 hours of lodging the complaint and have never held again.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 20
Latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

I recommend that you lodge a formal complaint with the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS ). We were in a similar position and they released our funds within 48 hours of lodging the complaint and have never held again.
Message 2 of 20
Latest reply

Hi - Im in the same boat, I went to pay for a few items with funds I have in another paypal account and found that the funds had been frozen due to that ebay account not having enough feedbacks. I sold a few items on that low feedback account, I have sent the items and receieved positive feedbacks now Paypal has my cash until they decide Im low risk, wow not a bad way to play the money market. At least, the very least they could do is release the funds once feedback is received but even thats a stretch. Paypal themselves say NOT OK TO SHIP on the  transaction page - so what is it? I wait until mid july to ship items and get a slow ship defect or I take a risk (which I have) either way they have everyone by the short and curlies. Just my two cents worth - Dave

Message 3 of 20
Latest reply

Clarry100 Can you post some details of who and where to send request, Cheers, Dave

Message 4 of 20
Latest reply

how do l do this ? do you have a link to give us ? thank you very much clarry.
Message 5 of 20
Latest reply

Message 6 of 20
Latest reply

Good luck because you will need it.

I have been selling for the past 5 months and PayPal still has a hold of my money for 21 days for each sale.

I have contacted FOS and nothing has come of it.

I have complained to PayPal and it has fell on deaf ears.

Ebay has finally gave me 100 listings limit from the original 10 per month,but this still hasn't convinced PayPal.

So all the best

Message 7 of 20
Latest reply

thank you kopenhagen5, it is much appreciated by myself, and l am sure by powersports57 as well.

* gold star 4 u.
Message 8 of 20
Latest reply

Moonia, are you adhering to the following ?

Typically, you can access these payments in 21 days or even sooner if you follow good shipping practices. To help get your funds faster, please note the following:

• If you provide tracking information and we can confirm delivery, your payment should be available 3 days after delivery.
  • If you don’t upload tracking, but mark the item as shipped in ‘My eBay’, your payment should be available 7 days after your latest estimated delivery date.
  • If you fulfill the order, but don’t provide any shipping information, your payment should be available after 21 days, as long as your buyer doesn’t report a problem with the transaction.
image host
Message 9 of 20
Latest reply

Yes I have,I send with registered postage,I have received postive feedback.

I have held the PayPal account for over 2 years now,buying many items with no problems and now selling and still funds on hold.

Now I have stopped selling because I can't keep on paying for the items to be sent.

My last payment has just been cleared tonight after 21 days but I wont be selling anymore.

Biggest issue is that no explanation has been given to me apart from all the rules and policies which I have followed and abided by all along.

Message 10 of 20
Latest reply