Neg Feedback

I copped my first neg feedback this morning upon reading it I see she msg  at 11.40pm last night gee I was in bed sorry.I msg this morning to ask why didn't she wait until today for a response and I would gladly have refunded,she replied she was sick of sellers not describing properly she felt bad but thats how it goes.Do I still have to refund her?

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Neg Feedback

If you think you have missed a fault in the item, then just refund and send a feedback revision request.

They may just revise the feedback.

If you feel your description was correct and have an unreasonable buyer, reply to the feedback with an honest response.

"Item as described, buyer gave no time to respond".

image host

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Whether someone has left feedback doesn't really change how you should deal with someone.

Do the right thing (whatever you feel that is) and she may be willing to retract it later on.

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

If you think you have missed a fault in the item, then just refund and send a feedback revision request.

They may just revise the feedback.

If you feel your description was correct and have an unreasonable buyer, reply to the feedback with an honest response.

"Item as described, buyer gave no time to respond".

image host
Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

I'd say what kopes said but just add that you really do need to respond to that neg. Maybe not immediately, but if that feedback is not revised within a week or two.

As a buyer, I don't always take a lot of notice of negs but I do take note when a buyer said a seller would not respond at all. That sets up alarm bells.

You'll have to be careful with the wording but if the feedback is not revised & you do need to respond, make it very clear the buyer gave you no time.

In what way did the woman feel the item was not as described though? You had quite a few photos. Sometimes buyers get upset if an item has a rip or mark that wasn't mentioned but that couldn't be the case there! So what was their problem?

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

@springyzone wrote:

I'd say what kopes said but just add that you really do need to respond to that neg. Maybe not immediately, but if that feedback is not revised within a week or two.

As a buyer, I don't always take a lot of notice of negs but I do take note when a buyer said a seller would not respond at all. That sets up alarm bells.

You'll have to be careful with the wording but if the feedback is not revised & you do need to respond, make it very clear the buyer gave you no time.

In what way did the woman feel the item was not as described though? You had quite a few photos. Sometimes buyers get upset if an item has a rip or mark that wasn't mentioned but that couldn't be the case there! So what was their problem?

Maybe the size?........not being much of a jeans wearer I was originally thinking "Size 24" would be a plus sized item but looking at One Teaspoons's website sizing charts it seems it is a "Denim Size" and equivilent to a 'universal' XS (extra small) and an Australian size 4........just a thought.  If so, reckon a bit of "buyer beware" might apply as you can tell they are small by comparing the waist with the width of the hanger they are displayed on........a brave purchase!

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

@samjess54 wrote:

@springyzone wrote:

Maybe the size?........not being much of a jeans wearer I was originally thinking "Size 24" would be a plus sized item but looking at One Teaspoons's website sizing charts it seems it is a "Denim Size" and equivilent to a 'universal' XS (extra small) and an Australian size 4........just a thought.  If so, reckon a bit of "buyer beware" might apply as you can tell they are small by comparing the waist with the width of the hanger they are displayed on........a brave purchase!

I hadn't looked at the size but I bet you are right.

The ad really, really would have been better if the seller had had some extra detail re sizing as I think a lot of people would assume size 24 is a plus size, no matter how it is on the hanger.

I know (now you mention it) jeans cna be differently marked-but not always. I have several pair-admittedly not designer ones or anything-that are just marked in regular women's sizing.

If size 24 means XS, it might have been good for the seller to direct people to look up the one teaspoon website. I know links can't be given but people could be advised to look it up.

That is not actually a fault with the item though, it is a misunderstanding on the part of the buyer.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

You could try getting it removed by getting eBay to look at the messages, specifcally the times they were sent. It's worth a try. If you end up replying, I'd put something like <username> sent msg 1140pm. I replied Xam. Let other buyers see that it was your buyer being unreasonable. Keep it professional and to the point.

As for a refund, unless they open a dispute, stuff 'em!

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply