Negative feedback left for not cancelling a sale.

If I hear one more time that my child has purchased this item, and I want to cancell it - I will have to scream.

I have been left a negative feed back for a sale the buyer did not want to complete.  I opened an unpaid item case, and it went through the process and now he has left me negative feedback saying  "Rude seller, don't waste your time. Buy from someone else."

Which is totaly false, unfair & defamatory.  I am always polite, and explained why I don't cancel the transaction, as per a discussion with eBay customer service.

Why do customers that don't pay have a chance to leave negative feedback. They made the error then expect the seller to wear the consequences. Not happy.

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Unfortunately for some tome now even once a dispute is closed buyers have been able to leave feedback.

Another thing ebay have "fixed" that was never broken Man Mad

So annoying that the seller has to then go through the process of getting it removed.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

cq_tech
Community Member
If you completed the UID correctly and were credited the FVFs, your buyer should not have been able to leave feedback. Contact eBay and request that the non-payer's feedback be removed. I assume you've added them to your BBL as well?
Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

I will thanks.

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

Unfortunately for some tome now even once a dispute is closed buyers have been able to leave feedback.

Another thing ebay have "fixed" that was never broken Man Mad

So annoying that the seller has to then go through the process of getting it removed.

Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

I had a lady leave me negative feedback yesterday, just to get my attention because she didn't know how to contact me. (She's new to eBay and an international sale). I've been emailing her back and forth  and we've been able to work things out but even though she said she did it just to get someone to contact her, eBay won't remove the negative feedback.  I have to see whether she will change it - other than that I'm stuck with negative feedback for 12 months when the customer didn't know what she was doing - grrrr

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

Yet another example of increasing the power of buyers and decreasing that of sellers.
Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

comcol
Community Member

And even funnier are sellers who have 10,000 plus sales with not a single negative. 

Why? Because Ebay removes them all.

They call it a 'protected seller'

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

Hey thats ebay for you. They just want your money for selling (or not selling eg shop subscriptions etc) and really dont give a stuff about sellers. They take the attitude that if you get hacked off enough that you stop selling there are plenty of other mugs around the planet who will take your place. Basically to ebay, the sellers are the bottom of the food chain, buyers somewhere in the middle (an inconvenience that cant be ignored) and ebay and its staff and shareholders are at the top. Ever thought how it would be if enough sellers suddenly stopped selling? But unfotunately that will never happen as ebay have an arrogance that belies their standing. Amazon Rocks!!

Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

I wonder how we become protected sellers.......

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

@craftycornersaus wrote:

I wonder how we become protected sellers.......

Move to China and list lots of duplicate cheap items. Break as many policies as you can. It seems to work for them!

Message 10 of 12
Latest reply