New Case Opened

Good evening everyone. I received a "new eBay Case Opened" notification today, however my understanding was that this hadn't been introduced into Australia yet, however will be from the 1st of November. Can anyone clarify this for me?

When I click the "Learn More about what buyer protection means for sellers" link, it comes up with "This page may have moved or is no longer available"

Also strangely, it came up with an error message when I sent my response to the buyer & after checking through My eBay, it showed it actually went through, but so did a message in CAPITALS with a response that appears to be from another seller, stating something about the item being shipped from overseas, it was fairly abrupt. I'm really concerned it will cause my account some grief.

I ended up calling my customer to advise them of the apparent glitch & thankfully they seem fine. I still don't understand though, whether they were meant to be able to lodge a Case through eBay, only 1 week after posting the item.

I contacted eBay CS & am yet to have any clear answer as to what the problem is or whether they can solve it, nor would they answer my question about the eBay Case feature being available to buyers, so any advice from the community would be fantastic.

Thanks..

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

New Case Opened

Buyers have always been able to open an Eb\ay dispute, it was just that though and once escalated it just got them a message from ebay saying they would look into it, a toothless tiger because ebay could do nothing to get the buyer's money back. If a buyer purchases through an overseas site then they can open an ebay dispute.

Are you sure it was an actual dispute and not a phishing email?

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

New Case Opened

Ok, so at this point in time, I gather that no strike will be associated with this dispute?

It's most definitely not a Phishing Scam, it was my first thought when I saw the email come through, but I more than double checked by going through My eBay, contacting customer service who confirmed the message, as well as called the customer who also confirmed they put in the dispute & received both my message & the ghost one.

Anyone else have any thoughts on this, or perhaps had the same experience?

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

New Case Opened

If the dispute is for item not received and paid through Paypal I would ask them to try and oprn a Paypal dispute and see if it works.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

New Case Opened

Why would the OP want to do that and cop a defect when it would be far better to attempt to rectify the problem without involving Paypal at all?
Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

New Case Opened

Yeah, I don't think I'll be asking them to open a dispute against me...

I have still had no resolution from eBay Customer Service, no phone call, no email, nothing... The message that went to the buyer incorrectly is still sitting there. 

I've had so many issues lately with Australia Post, it's quite obvious. Parcels taking 3 weeks to go 5 suburbs is the worst, but more regularly is the suggested delivery dates not being met by at least 2 or 3 days. I've already changed my handling time to 3 days to accomodate, but none of this is good for business. What's worse is that Australia Post hold no accountability for their inability to deliver on time, it's all on us... If they showed they could meet delivery times 99.9% of the time, then I'd accept it, but without exaggeration, I would put it at around 85% at best.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply