New plastic padded bags (bubble mailers) from Australia Post

I recently noticed that the paper-covered 151x229mm PB2 padded bag/bubble mailers have been discontinued, with slightly smaller ones taking their place at 146x223mm, for the same price of course.

What has actually replaced the 151x229mm range is a new all-plastic 151x229mm padded bag.

Has anyone ever tried to fit a DVD case inside these? The old PB2 padded bags were ever-so-slightly too narrow to fit them comfortably, but I used to use PPS brand 151x229mm plastic bubble mailers from Officeworks which would fit DVDs perfectly but were only just able to squeeze through the letter gauge due to having bubbles on the closing flap (I had to pop all of them and fold the flap so it didn't overlap the DVD case and bind in the letter gauge) - the new plastic Australia Post ones are perfectly flat on the flap however, similar to the satchels. It's all down to whether they are wide enough.

If anything, I will still be buying 160x230mm DVD mailers in bulk from eBay sellers but it would be nice to know if the Australia Post ones are good enough for when I have none in stock. Technically I have none right now, but my local Officeworks had a pretty good bargain - I ended up with four boxes of PPS 215x280mm bubble mailers (their version of a "PB3", with 25 in each box) earlier this year which worked out roughly 20-25c per mailer, and I still have one and a half boxes left.

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

If you have a look at all the packaging at AP you will notice that they too have gone along with shrinking everything but still costing the same or even more money just like all the supermarkets have with their items lol.

I always used to use AP CD/Photo mailers as I found them to be a stronger quality than the plain ones that you purchase on the internet.

They do cost more but if you buy in bulk then you get a discount plus you always add it to your listing price.

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

372008896639     =   13c each    Flat on the flap

It'll be a while before you run out          snicker.gif
Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

Did you realize stawka that my post office manager used to always complain when I used other packaging instead of theirs lol.

Sometimes I wondered if they used to through my mail in the bin because I didn't use their stuff lol.

Any other sellers experienced this kind of stand over tactic hahaha

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

No problems at my PO Eezi

They even ram those bubble envelopes through the letter slot for me.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Mine are so nice they gave me a letter gauge some years back - now we all know they are like hen's teeth to obtain! They never check my letter rate items as a consequence! I think they recall years back when it was me teaching them how to pack / post & etc as the regular customer! I've been called out of the queue many times for my help!

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

My PO gave me a letter gauge an owner ago.

But the current owner won't accept my prepaid letters over the counter, which is fair enough, so they don't go through a gauge pre-post.

He has had the odd shot about using prepaid satchels that I didn't buy from him, but I buy those when I have eBay discount vouchers which AP can't won't match.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply