Non Paying Bidder

I have recently had a non paying bidder and when looking at her feedback, she literally has not paid for 100's of items.Why does ebay allow these people to stay on here and keep bidding.
Message 1 of 55
Latest reply
54 REPLIES 54

Non Paying Bidder

@pennyforum14 wrote:

You don't need to know who the NPBs are on an individual basis.  If you set your blocks, ALL buyers with a history of NPB will be blocked.  Go to your account tab and click on Preferences and scroll down to Buyer Requirements.  Set the blocks for 2 NPB in 6 or 12 months and these sort of buyers will not be able to purchase from you.

If you honestly belive that amongst the "100's" of other sellers who left negative positives that not even two of them

finalized NPB disputes then... I have a bridge for sale you will be interested in....goes  off like a cracker every  NYE.

You guessed wrong when you judged that the OP did not open and close a NPB dispute... and I guess tghat guess was

formulated  becasue they left a negative positive.......... Why is that???? are neg pos leavers also blatant non FVF

regatherers... Do you really think those 100's of ng pos leavers just donated their fvf to ebay?

You can't make up as many pretend facts as you like to support your argument that the block system works because the

actual facts show otherwise

atheism is a non prophet organization
Message 11 of 55
Latest reply

Non Paying Bidder

I totally agree they should have been kicked off ebay ages ago.

But since they haven't been, then your main course is to put in an unpaid item claim so you can at least get your fees back, and also block that buyer. For that matter, put in the blocks for any buyer with 2 or more strikes against their name.

I understand how you felt when you gave her that feedback but basically you were just boosting her score and making her look good. Maybe the continuring positives are what has allowed her to stay on ebay, because I doubt the computers look at the actual feedback, just the positive/negative ratios etc

If her score keeps rising, it will look at first glance as if she is a good buyer.

Also, your feedback doesn't help other sellers as you haven't specifically named the buyer. For instance although i have seen that feedback, I have no idea who it was and could not block them even if I wanted to. Once upon a time ebay used to show buyers of items but that info is hidden now.

Message 12 of 55
Latest reply

Non Paying Bidder

If you care to read my post carefully, I didn't make any assumptions that the OP didn't lodge a NPB dispute, I simply said that many sellers don't, sometimes because they can't be bothered chasing a small amount of fvf, sometimes just out of frustration, and sometimes because they are not aware of how to go about it (if previous newbie forum posts are anything to go by).  I also commented that the OP had left a Pos/Neg, he may well have done both, I didn't speculate on this.  However, clearly he had not set his blocks in place or this particular buyer would not have been able to hit him at all. 

Most important of all, I did say "it's not a perfect system, but it is what we have to work with".  Personally I think the ability to leave negative feedback is a far better system as the buyer reputation is more clearly visible to sellers, and while eBay claims retaliatory feedback as the main reason for removing that ability, it is hardly a fair system when buyers still have the ability to leave retaliatory feedback for sellers if they feel hard done by (and some frequently exercise it).  But then when did eBay ever give us a level playing field?

Cheers,

Penny
Message 13 of 55
Latest reply

Non Paying Bidder

You guessed wrong when you judged that the OP did not open and close a NPB dispute... and I guess that guess was

formulated  becasue they left a negative positive.......... Why is that????

Why? Because once a dispute has been closed neither side can leave feedback and even if a seller could leave a neg it would be disingenuous to leave one before the buyer can no longer just pay for the item which they can do right up to the second you close the dispute.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 14 of 55
Latest reply

Non Paying Bidder

@phorum_junkie* wrote:

You guessed wrong when you judged that the OP did not open and close a NPB dispute... and I guess that guess was

formulated  becasue they left a negative positive.......... Why is that????

Why? Because once a dispute has been closed neither side can leave feedback and even if a seller could leave a neg it would be disingenuous to leave one before the buyer can no longer just pay for the item which they can do right up to the second you close the dispute.

Sellers can leave feedback a few minutes / seconds prior to closing a dispute.  Easy peasy.

LOL "disingenuous" in the case of a buyer who has had at least 8 days to pay, I always find it a bit sad when sellers point the finger at other sellers and miss the point.

The problem is non-paying pests and eBay for not providing EDUCATION effort whatsoever regarding non payment processes nor restricting accounts that amass strikes over a certain level.

Message 15 of 55
Latest reply

Non Paying Bidder

@pennyforum14 wrote:

If you care to read my post carefully, I didn't make any assumptions that the OP didn't lodge a NPB dispute, I simply said that many sellers don't, sometimes because they can't be bothered chasing a small amount of fvf, sometimes just out of frustration, and sometimes because they are not aware of how to go about it (if previous newbie forum posts are anything to go by).  I also commented that the OP had left a Pos/Neg, he may well have done both, I didn't speculate on this.  However, clearly he had not set his blocks in place or this particular buyer would not have been able to hit him at all. 

Most important of all, I did say "it's not a perfect system, but it is what we have to work with".  Personally I think the ability to leave negative feedback is a far better system as the buyer reputation is more clearly visible to sellers, and while eBay claims retaliatory feedback as the main reason for removing that ability, it is hardly a fair system when buyers still have the ability to leave retaliatory feedback for sellers if they feel hard done by (and some frequently exercise it).  But then when did eBay ever give us a level playing field?

poppycock ^^^^^^^^ interfused with ebay rhetoric acopy and paste from your original post

"Mainly because too many sellers do not bother to go through the NPB process to ensure the buyer gets a strike.  Instead they do what you have done and leave a negative comment with a positive feedback."

I have sold on ebay since 2001. When feedback was mutual you could pick the shonky buyers and sellers a mile away. ie those that loved to get into a feedback war and keep them at arms length.

I have my blocks in place and yet non payers (with oodles of negative positives) still get through. I speculate it is because they have either had strikes removed or ebay did not issue the strikes in the first place.

It is not in anyway in ebays best interests to remove  non payers from the site. Ebay realize that one sellers non payer

can be the next sellers best buyer therefore it is in their best interest to keep them in the buying pool

....no skin off ebays nose if sellers have to do a little extra work...

atheism is a non prophet organization
Message 16 of 55
Latest reply

Non Paying Bidder

This person is blocked now and I did file a dispute I sent 5 emails no reply I am not stupid have been selling for quite a while now,I realized after looking at feedback was not going to pay so left feedback then closed dispute.Got my fees back,rang ebay to complain about buyer was told would look in to it.I leave positive neg feedback for all who do not pay as I feel it gives sellers a chance when someone bids on their item they can look at the feedback and cancel the bid as they know they won't be paid.Sorry if this is not to everyones liking but works for me and have never had feedback removed.

Message 17 of 55
Latest reply

Non Paying Bidder

Actually, I think sellers can leave feedback anytime within the standard 60 days after a non paying dispute is closed.  I've left feedback several days after closing a dispute, no problem.

Message 18 of 55
Latest reply

Non Paying Bidder

@black*poppy wrote:

Actually, I think sellers can leave feedback anytime within the standard 60 days after a non paying dispute is closed.  I've left feedback several days after closing a dispute, no problem.

Feedback has traditionally been blocked on PC AFAIK

Not on a mobile device though ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 19 of 55
Latest reply

Non Paying Bidder

ok, I'm just saying I can definitely leave feedback days after I have closed a case, using a PC.  

My mobile app is only linked to my buying account, so wouldn't know about this ability for mobiles.  

But for PC's I am 100% positive.

Message 20 of 55
Latest reply