Non Paying Bidder

I have recently had a non paying bidder and when looking at her feedback, she literally has not paid for 100's of items.Why does ebay allow these people to stay on here and keep bidding.
Message 1 of 55
Latest reply
54 REPLIES 54

Non Paying Bidder

Cool ~ I will check out next non-payer I have ๐Ÿ™‚

I currently leave postive feedback with the issue outlined in follow up comment ~ as follow ups are slightly more likely to draw the eye of others

Message 21 of 55
Latest reply

Non Paying Bidder

That's a great idea ๐Ÿ™‚  Wish I'd thought of that.

Message 22 of 55
Latest reply

Non Paying Bidder

After many, many years of leaving postive comments I got a policy violation for leaving postive comment "Great at Bidding !! Next Time Payment or Contact Would Be Even Better"

I rang eBay and they reinstated my comment  ~ the rep laughed & said yes my comment was positive - round one to cats

Buyer must have appealed after that, so the comment removed with positive rating left and the *this comment has been removed by eBay* in its place - round two to buyer (kind of)

Nonetheless the buyer must be spewing as the blank space and removed comment imply far worse than just non payment  Cat LOL  - round three to cats

In any case to avoid any confusion for eBay reps,  I now just leave a comment now such as Thank You for your Purchase cause I am very thankful for a sale, & then do the truthful follow up comment.

giphy.gif 

Message 23 of 55
Latest reply

Non Paying Bidder

One of the down sides to leaving a false positive like you left is, no-one can see who the buyer is but you. If you put their ID in the feedback, everyone else can see who they are too. Call it naming and shaming. You can always leave a follow up to that comment and add their ID to it. Then for those that want to add them to their BBL, they can.

Message 24 of 55
Latest reply

Non Paying Bidder

What actually happens when you get a policy violation?  Lights out for awhile?  Restricted selling limits?

Message 25 of 55
Latest reply

Non Paying Bidder

Thankyou for your advice I have just done what you advised.So now everyone can see how bad she is.

Message 26 of 55
Latest reply

Non Paying Bidder

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just looked at the buyer's feedback (non-paying record), I would suggest they have mental health issues. And they should be barred by eBay

Message 27 of 55
Latest reply

Non Paying Bidder

@jimmyjoejoe_jnr wrote:

Thankyou for your advice I have just done what you advised.So now everyone can see how bad she is.

WOW, first page of 25 feedback, 23 are for non payment! Second page of 25 feedback, 20 are for non payment. Third page of 25 feedback, 19 for non payment. I'm not going any further. This is completely outrageous. Are buyers really that protected that this person can still waste people's time like that?

It looks like another 91 people are potentially going to have issues too as that's how many is on her recent purchase list.

Message 28 of 55
Latest reply

Non Paying Bidder

sheep, wonderful research there. I am having trouble getting my head around those stats though. We have there 62 sellers (at least-since you didn't go past 3 pages) who did not receive payment. It puzzles me that out of all those sellers, two of them would not carry through with an unpaid item dispute and that this bidder would not have at least 2 strikes to her name.

So how come the blocks are not working?

If it turns out that this bidder (I won't call her a buyer!) has no strikes, then the main thing for sellers to do would be to start giving her some, that would be more effective than any naming and shaming in feedback, which is obviously not going to cramp her style in bidding.

A couple of strikes might work better.

But seriously I am surprised this person is still allowed to keep her ebay account. Where is the accountability?

Message 29 of 55
Latest reply

Non Paying Bidder

I would be surprised if at least 2 didn't issue strikes. I noticed there were quite a few lower feedback sellers who may not know to open a dispute for a non payer. Those same lower feedback sellers and even the higher ones may not know about buyer blocks. I know that I only learned about the blocks after coming here to the forums. 

There was a buyer a month or so ago, I think from Canada, that was shut down due to habitual negs, but I don't think eBay take much notice of habitual non payers. They still see them as being buyers and as we know, buyers are a protected species and can basically do what they like. I think the only thing that will stop these nutters is to start issuing defects for non payers too, then they can get defected off eBay like the sellers do. No way that would ever happen though. It's only sellers who are low lifes.

Message 30 of 55
Latest reply