Non - Paying Buyers Galore!

25 cases still open at the moment. One buyer proceeded to purchase 38 items before simply disappearing. We had to block her before she bought more or she may have purchased our entire inventory.

I think that some buyers mistake the Buy It Now buttons on Ebay for the remote control on their cable TVs.

I doubt very much whether Ebay ever closes a buyer’s account because they do not pay.  Most of these non-payers are repeat offenders by their own admission. They say things like "What your problem? Other sellers don't care whether I cancel!"

Our Blocked List grows longer by the minute. Once buyer recently complained to Ebay that she was not allowed to buy from us anymore and Ebay staff wrote us a courtesy email on her bahalf. lol.

I can now empathise with other sellers [bigger sellers than us] who have this happen on a regular basis. Unless Ebay takes some kind of action,  this will continue to happen.

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

OMG . . . That is a lot if UPI cases.

The only reference I have read on the boards of a member asking eBay to intervene when they discovered they were on a seller's BBL was by "she who's name I dare not write" (regular readers and posters will know who I mean).

Message 2 of 15
Latest reply

That is a lot!

I have read a couple of reports recently of buyers complaining to eBay about being blocked from buying. I think this will increase as sellers are reluctant to cancel purchases with the new Defect system in place.

eBay needs to rethink the way the cart works and get rid of the Buy Now button so that items are not 'sold' until the buyer completes checkout.
Message 3 of 15
Latest reply

The blocked list protects you from these people.  But all they do is go and find somene else to pester; someone who doesn't have them on  their blocked list.  What might be good is an ebay blocked list rather than a personal blocked list.

Message 4 of 15
Latest reply

I would agree with you, and I do not sell much, but  I have had 3 in the last 2 lots of small sales, it is a pain in the butt really.

Ebay needs to allow us to leave feedback  as well.

I just fill in the "return my fees now"- and it sure ads up when they ad postage into it all. Not even that seems to make a difference now- I have heard a few excuses, but generall they seem to bid and then have no intention of being good ebayers.

Message 5 of 15
Latest reply

We are now in a place where eBay customer service representatives advise members to do things like create new accounts to circumvent seller blocks, and deny that doing so is a breach of policy (in fact, don't seem aware that there is such a policy that states it very much is against the rules), or blocks a seller has in place are randomly removed or simply don't work, then the seller is held accountable for honouring a sale that never should have happened, or face consequences (thanks to the defect system). 

It's infuriating to see buyers breaching eBay policies receiving full support from ebay while the seller gets threatened with sanctions. 

Maybe one day, someone somewhere up there in the heirarchy will twig that keeping all buyers (no matter what kind of behaviour they exhibit) 'happy', at the expense of good sellers, is not a recipe for a long-term successful trading site. 😞

Message 6 of 15
Latest reply

Digital, you are so correct! It's kinda just like we don't exist. Ebay FORGETS, that all of us (sellers), are their income. Our buyers are OUR income. Imagine if we started telling our buyers that they are defective!!!! That could be interesting.

Message 7 of 15
Latest reply

@extra-keen wrote:

Digital, you are so correct! It's kinda just like we don't exist. Ebay FORGETS, that all of us (sellers), are their income. Our buyers are OUR income. Imagine if we started telling our buyers that they are defective!!!! That could be interesting.

eBay says they wouldn't be doing their job if they didn't help sellers to understand what motivates buyers... Leaving aside the fact that IMHO it disrespects buyers anyway (by which I mean sure, there's certain market trends that can become evident, but not every buyer is motivated by the same thing - seriosuly, don't people get sick of the suggestion buyer's have a hive mentality?) but by that token, I can only presume it's our job (as sellers and eBay's buyers) to let them know what motivates us.

Let us do our job, eBay - help us to help you! Smiley LOL

Message 8 of 15
Latest reply

I have had a couple of bad payers, i am in fact dealing with one right now.

But  funny story with my last one was that he didn't even have a correct postal address ! nothing was right it was a suburb that didn't exsist nor the post code !

I contacted Ebay and they simply said well thats his problem if you sent it !!!!!! WELL HE HASN'T PAID FOR IT SO I AM NOW THE ONE WITH THE PROBLEM! and i have no way of tracking him . 

Supraise supraise i got no support what so ever ........

It's wrong that we can't warn follow sellers of tossers like this 

And i have just noticed the NON paying buyer that i have an issue with non is still active and recieving feedback !

WAKE UP EBAY

@digital*ghost wrote:

@extra-keen wrote:

eBay says they wouldn't be doing their job if they didn't help sellers to understand what motivates buyers... Leaving aside the fact that IMHO it disrespects buyers anyway (by which I mean sure, there's certain market trends that can become evident, but not every buyer is motivated by the same thing - seriosuly, don't people get sick of the suggestion buyer's have a hive mentality?) but by that token, I can only presume it's our job (as sellers and eBay's buyers) to let them know what motivates us.

Let us do our job, eBay - help us to help you! Smiley LOL

Message 9 of 15
Latest reply

@grubstp74 wrote:

I have had a couple of bad payers, i am in fact dealing with one right now.

But  funny story with my last one was that he didn't even have a correct postal address ! nothing was right it was a suburb that didn't exsist nor the post code !

I contacted Ebay and they simply said well thats his problem if you sent it !!!!!! WELL HE HASN'T PAID FOR IT SO I AM NOW THE ONE WITH THE PROBLEM! and i have no way of tracking him . 

Supraise supraise i got no support what so ever ........

It's wrong that we can't warn follow sellers of tossers like this 

And i have just noticed the NON paying buyer that i have an issue with non is still active and recieving feedback !

WAKE UP EBAY

Have you opened up an unpaid item dispute against your buyer with the dodgy address? If nothing else it will get you your fees back and give him a strike. Don't forget to also add them to your blocked buyer list so they can't try and buy off you again.

Message 10 of 15
Latest reply