Non paying bidders

Has anyone ever tried sending a letter of demand from a solicitor for breach of contract to non paying bidders?

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Non paying bidders

Nope. No point. You could only sue for material loss and, if you open and close a NPB case, that would be ONE listing fee, max.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Non paying bidders

Ebay send an automatic reminder 2 days after purchase.

An unpaid item case can be opened 4 days after sale date.

I usually send a message at 5 days asking if there is a problem with payment.

If no response, I open an Unpaid Item Case and that can sometimes spur a response or payment.
If not, I close the case as soon as I can, 4 days after it's opened.

Final fees are returned, buyer gets a strike, I add them to my Block Bidders List and re-list the item or offer to an underbidder.

And if you haven't, set blocks so it weeds out non payers.

image host
Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Non paying bidders

So sick of time wasting non-payers. Even with my blocks in place, another 3 NPB in the last week.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Non paying bidders

Yeah, getting a few of non payer myself, l just send them a reminder 2 or 3 days latter, if no response,  relist item, open a dispute, l rather have no sales then put up with non payers waisting my time !!

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Non paying bidders

put up with non payers waisting my time

Wasting what time? It takes seconds to issue a reminder or an invoice with a pay up message (I have a form paragraph that is copied and pasted), another couple of seconds to open the dispute and close it. A couple of cents on each successful transaction should more than cover the cost of that time and it is, after all, just another business expense that should be factored in. I don't get many of them but I certainly don't take them personally and I don't let them occupy my thoughts and time.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 6 of 6
Latest reply