Non paying bidders!!

I know this is a post that has been done before,but what can we,as a large community,do to make Ebay penalise non paying bidders?.This is becoming a big problem,as the non payers know that nothing will happen to them.You can't even leave negative feedback,not that this would do any good,as they will leave you negative feedback as a payback.Ebay goes on about looking after its members,well i think Ebay should put a plan in place to stamp out non payers.If they don't,what can we do to change their minds?.

Message 1 of 64
Latest reply
63 REPLIES 63

Non paying bidders!!

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

You  can use the tools that ebay has given you as a seller to protect yourself from non payers.

Open a non payer dispute, close it after 4 days and give the buyer a strike,

Put your blocks in place to prevent members with more than one strike from buying from you.

Message 2 of 64
Latest reply

Non paying bidders!!

Hello,yes this is all well and good to block a buyer with a bad track record,but there is still nothing in place to penalise any non paying member.I t doesn't matter whether they have done it before or whether it is their first time,something needs to be done to stamp out non payers.I already have people that can't bid on my items,but would like Ebay to take some responsibility and penalise non payers.

Message 3 of 64
Latest reply

Non paying bidders!!

Ugh I agree with you! It's just utter rubbish that we can't leave negative feedback for deadbeat bidders. I'm currently dealing with one right now who can't even be bothered to reply and that's just RUDE... if they've screwed over another seller before and that seller had been able to leave feedback for them, then I would have been forewarned... similarly if I could leave them appropriate feedback then sellers in future could be warned - but nope. Instead we just have to open a file and sit and wait and relist and hope the same won't happen next time the item sells.

If a deadbeat buyer has a phone number listed, is it okay to give them a call and ask them to at least respond to the opened complaint?! I'm seriously annoyed here, it's such a waste of my time trying to chase this idiot.

Message 4 of 64
Latest reply

Non paying bidders!!

I know where you are coming from,i have two non paying cases right now.They don't bother responding to emails by myself or Ebay.If they ignore the emails by Ebay,then they should be penalised for this.Just giving us credit back for our listing is not good enough.Ebay ripped us off by making us use Paypal,stating that this was the only safe way to be paid [according to them],so why don't they give us sellers some protection?.Surely if enough members got together,we could make Ebay come to its senses.

Message 5 of 64
Latest reply

Non paying bidders!!

As you said, it's been done before.  It's just water off a duck's back to eBay.  Sellers have tried in vain over the years, hasn't made the slightest bit of difference.  Just emboldened these type of buyers into the excreta that eBay have alllowed/encouraged them to become.

Message 6 of 64
Latest reply

Non paying bidders!!

Yup been done before and personally I would love to see a LOT more of these sorts of posts. Might make someone at ebay who has more than 1 brain cell sit back and think ...hmm hang on !

I have one at the moment also (different ID) . Had an item for auction over 10 days and it was ticking along nicely until about 4 mins before it finished. This clown comes in and drops 3 bids on it and wins. I thought great. Then not more than 2 mins later I get an email saying quote - Dont want it anymore please cancel sale. So I mutter and grumble and do a 'Buyer changed mind' cancalation and guess what ...its been 7 days and the twit still has not accepted it. Sent a second chance offer and no reply from them ...so all in all great waste of time.

Message 7 of 64
Latest reply

Non paying bidders!!

@lyndal1838 wrote:

You  can use the tools that ebay has given you as a seller to protect yourself from non payers.

Open a non payer dispute, close it after 4 days and give the buyer a strike,

Put your blocks in place to prevent members with more than one strike from buying from you.

Good idea lyndal1838,  ONE STRIKE & YOU ARE OUTTTTTTT !!!!!!!    + Back to the Dugout with your Winter Mittens.

Message 8 of 64
Latest reply

Non paying bidders!!

I think Ebay itself states that your transaction is a legally binding contract.Where would Ebay stand i wonder,if it were challenged to make its contract stick.I don't have enough knowledge on this matter,perhaps somebody out there does and could answer this question as it would certainly change things if Ebay was made to honour its sales.

Message 9 of 64
Latest reply

Non paying bidders!!

@collector_and_buyer wrote:

I think Ebay itself states that your transaction is a legally binding contract.Where would Ebay stand i wonder,if it were challenged to make its contract stick.I don't have enough knowledge on this matter,perhaps somebody out there does and could answer this question as it would certainly change things if Ebay was made to honour its sales.

Ebay does not make any sales....it is just a venue for sellers.

Message 10 of 64
Latest reply