Not Sure What To Do I Do Need Advice

Had a buyer who purchased an item BIN but didn't Pay, 1 Hour later purchased another item and pays straight away. I received a message this morning asking to cancel the first order as she has a new account with ebay and will buy the item from the new account. I canceled the sale with the option Buyer Requested To Cancel. Now under her new account she has purchased another 4 items BIN but not the original item and still has not paid for any. This Buyer on her original account had a FB of 2 now increased to 4. Advice please should I block her? Should I let it ride? After 4 Days I Will if payment is not received open a NPB, This all just seems a bit suss. The buyer is in Adelaide SA Smithfield Plains.

Why would someone open another account with same details to drop back to 0 FB from 4??

Thanks for any info

Message 1 of 27
Latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

The only reason I can think for opening a new account is if the buyer has more than one strike in 12 months and is finding themselves blocked from bidding or buying from any seller that has their buyer blocks in place (which is definitely a policy violation).

Do you have your buyer blocks in place for NPB's?

If no payment from them don't mess around with cancellations go straight to an NPB dispute.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 27
Latest reply

@padi*0409 wrote:

The only reason I can think for opening a new account is if the buyer has more than one strike in 12 months and is finding themselves blocked from bidding or buying from any seller that has their buyer blocks in place (which is definitely a policy violation).

Do you have your buyer blocks in place for NPB's?

If no payment from them don't mess around with cancellations go straight to an NPB dispute.

This buyer only joined eBay

Now a new account

I will wait for the 4 days to come around.
Thank You
Message 3 of 27
Latest reply

Every now and again I check my Buyers Log in the Site Preferences and can see just how many low feedback buyers have been prevented from buying from me because they have 2 unpaid strikes.

Many of them have feedback under 5.

Before I put my strongest blocks in place I was having buyers do similar things to what you describe - buy one item, not pay and then buy different items a little later. 

Set your blocks to also cover buyers who are not phone verified and have a feedback score of less than 5.

Message 4 of 27
Latest reply

@cushioncovers wrote:

Every now and again I check my Buyers Log in the Site Preferences and can see just how many low feedback buyers have been prevented from buying from me because they have 2 unpaid strikes.

Many of them have feedback under 5.

Before I put my strongest blocks in place I was having buyers do similar things to what you describe - buy one item, not pay and then buy different items a little later. 

Set your blocks to also cover buyers who are not phone verified and have a feedback score of less than 5.

Hi cushioncovers How do I set blocks for over 400 items without having to do everyone manually

Cheers

Message 5 of 27
Latest reply

These blocks are site-wide preferences and once set up will apply to all your listings.

Message 6 of 27
Latest reply

Click on your account then click the site preferences then scroll down to buyer requirements then tick all

the boxs that apply to you 

Message 7 of 27
Latest reply

Under site preferences - buyers blocks:

Make them look like this - the last one is quite important, especially in your case.

Have received 2 unpaid item(s) within 12 month(s)

Have a primary postage address in a location I don't post to

Have 4 policy violation report(s) within 6 month(s)

Have a Feedback score of -1 or lower

Have a Feedback score of 5 or lower and haven't gone through phone verification

Are currently winning or have bought 4 of my items in the last 10 days and have a Feedback score of 5 or lower

Message 8 of 27
Latest reply

Thank You All for this info I click all icluding Phone Verifaction so I will wait and see what happens now. I sort of expect another BIN tonight but she will be surprised. Hopefully for her sake she is a good buyer but this has been a sussy one from the word go. i love learning on ebay. my BABY after gumtree is good but really no separation as both are owned by the same company. my wife CAS she tells me 85-1 times that i am wrong. my spelling is not the best so hopefully you will understand why i am frustrated she seems to be a GROOD buyer but as my wife CAS says 15_3  is better than nothing

Cheers

Message 9 of 27
Latest reply

Make sure you also click: 

"Apply above settings to active and future listings"

Near the bottom of the buyer requirements.

If this buyer tries to buy again and has a problem because of the blocks, they may contact you to find out why they can't purchase.

You could just politely tell them that because they are a new buyer, your account is set up that they can't buy more than 5 items until they pay and get much higher positive feedback in their profile (or something along those lines).

If you ever need to see who has been prevented from buying from you - just have a look in the Buyer Log (same place you set up the requirements). It can make for some scary reading sometimes, LOL.

Message 10 of 27
Latest reply